Don't Buy Moto X, Very Fragile phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
My iPhone 5 cracked when it fell about 8 inches off a pen holder onto a nightstand with a incipio dual pro case on it. All phones break just depends on the angle and where it hits. That being said, I dropped my old X (no case) at least 10 times on concrete.. Did nothing but chip the edge of the phone a tiny bit. I wouldn't blame Motorola for it if it did break.. I don't expect Samsung to replace my laptop because I dropped it..phones are indeed computers nowadays. Sorry about your luck tho

Posted via the Android Central App - Moto X (2nd Gen)

On2Vegas

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Just two weeks after buying it, I dropped my X onto the subway platform when removing it from a jacket pocket. I have a nick at the edge of the screen by the buttons. I now have a Hula bumper on it when I travel around. Lesson: Protect your property.

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I guess your smartphone never slipped off your hands so have the nerves to tell me this. Can't we expect smartphone worth $600 to survive a fall from single piece.

As I said previously. It stinks that your phone broke but the difference is that if I dropped mine and it broke I would not jump in the internet and post what you posted..

No I don't expect a $500 phone to survive a fall. I don't expect a $650 phone to survive a fall and I don't expect a $850 phone to survive a fall... Drop the iPhone and guess what? Drop the Nexus 6 and guess what? Drop the HTC M8 and guess what?

As I said before, get a case if you are worried about it and / or get the device insured.

I don't know what you expect from a phone when dropped but I do have to say it's different from what I expect to happen if I drop a phone..

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
As I said previously. It stinks that your phone broke but the difference is that if I dropped mine and it broke I would not jump in the internet and post what you posted..

No I don't expect a $500 phone to survive a fall. I don't expect a $650 phone to survive a fall and I don't expect a $850 phone to survive a fall... Drop the iPhone and guess what? Drop the Nexus 6 and guess what? Drop the HTC M8 and guess what?

As I said before, get a case if you are worried about it and / or get the device insured.

I don't know what you expect from a phone when dropped but I do have to say it's different from what I expect to happen if I drop a phone..

Exactly. If I drop my phone, I expect it to break. If it doesnt, then that's a plus.

Posted via Android Central App

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I guess your smartphone never slipped off your hands so have the nerves to tell me this. Can't we expect smartphone worth $600 to survive a fall from single piece.

Glass | Define Glass at Dictionary.com

I figured I'd help you out since you don't seem to know what that substance that your screen is made of is. Notice how the definition says "brittle" that means it breaks. It doesn't matter how much your phone costs, money doesn't change the laws of physics. Hopefully this helps you find some peace.

dctokyo

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
OMG, someone quick call the National Guard, there could be a riot over this. really!!!!!!! who knew that phones would break if you dropped them LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny