Dont know which Tablet to get.

calz

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
So the Xoom is out but im on a strict budget, I only have about 500-700 for a tablet. So is the Xoom really worth the money or should I wait for the LG Optimus Pad or Galaxy Tab 10.1?
What are some advantages some have over the other?
And this tablet is really just for college projects and slideshows to do.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Viewsonic Gtab

Same guts as the Xoom (minus the screen). It's less than $400 also.

It's THE best bang-for-buck Android tablet out. It's unlocked bootloader, unlocked mbr, everything.. it's fully moddable.

If you can get over the screen polarizing from the horrid viewing angles, it's a great device.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Its running android 3.0? And how much is it?

It's running FroYo but once we get Honeycomb AOSP we'll get Honeycomb for it.

I can guarantee you.

I believe it's $349-$389

It's a dual core tegra2 proc, 512 ram, 16gb space, memory card expandable, usb ports, docks, front facing camera, stereo speakers, microphone, etc..

puzopia

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Choices, choices.

The nice thing is you have the option to choose. Unlike the iPad. I would probably lean towards the Optimus if the price is right.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I don't know if the view sonic is a great idea to get for a tablet with such a big investment up front. I am basing this on assumption and am probably wrong but it just doesn't seem to be a great buy if you are looking for a solid tablet from square 1. The support is most likely lacking from the manufacturer and although their may be rom support once the devs get cracking on it, there will most likely never be any official pushed updates for some devs to build off when trying to get honeycomb.

Like I said, this is base on pure assumption so please do not take it to heart. Your best bet is to do some research and compare specs, reviews and even try to get some hands on with each and see what you like the best. Although there are some exceptions, in the end you get what you pay for.

n900mixalot

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I am in the same boat ... but I kind of want something smaller and not way overpriced. The solid build of the iPad (sorry, I know) was really good but it got to be sooooo boooooorinnng ... but the price. I can't get over the price.

I don't want any contracts and don't think a tablet can be worth more than 599 or so.

I hear good things about the SGTab and played with one in TMobile, and though it mopped the Dells up off of the floor, I keep reading conflicting information on their customizeability. But they feel solid and the screen is really crisp and bright. And now they have hit a decent price point too. 450 is fair, even good.

I don't care about Honeycomb just yet, but would like the possibility some day ... or I will just upgrade.

"Please ... help ..." -Leeloo Dallas

calz

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah same here, Honeycomb isnt really a need for me as of right now. I have also played with they Galaxy Tab as well at Tmobile and I do like the feel of it and the price is good for me. But the ipad 2 is around the corner and $500 without a contract sounds right for me but I dont want an apple product(hate their products). I will be waiting for the LG optimus pad to see their pricing. I say you do as well. But does anyone know when it comes out?

n900mixalot

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I heard 699 for the LG, which is still more than I want to pay ... I dont need 3D-at all. It looks sort of plasticky too.

I saw a video of a rep at MWC who I thought said some time in the third quarter but I am probably wrong. Man have I become impatient. Sigh.

Why can't I find a decent 7 inches? Hahaha ... Ha.

calz

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Lol same here. $700 for the LG tablet? I dont need that. And I heard the HTC flyer is a good 7 inch tablet and going to run 2.3, so im most likely waiting on that. And if its HTC they update their phones more constantly so looks like i'll have to wait till they announce the price.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts