Downgrade to 1.5 (official Verizon ROM)

licotto

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
Will this allow me to downgrade from the OTA 2.1 back to the original 1.5? I never rooted my Eris. I hate how slow it runs with 2.1, regardless of the upgrades, I'd rather have a faster phone instead of this -especially since this is not my primary phone.

Thanks for any help.

kylep23

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I keep getting a usb connection error, what am I doing wrong? I am able to get pics and videos off of the phone, so why can't I do the downgrade?

Tallas

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I was actually offered a replacement Eris with 1.5 on it though I have the file on my computer to downgrade it. I am non rooted does anyone know if it works?

sra1968us

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Just in case anyone wants to play with the 2.1 leaked rom, or plain messes their phone up or finds bugs that they dont like. Or if you just want to go back to 1.5 and wait for the offical 2.x upgrade.

Download the MR2 Uprade Eris ROM from verizon partner:
Personal Communications Devices

1. Unzip the file
2. Plug your phone to your PC/MAC.
3. Find your folder (MAC or PC folder)
4. Run .exe file in the folder "RUU_Desire_C_Verizon_WWE_1.17.605.1_release_signe d_with_driver.exe"
5. follow on screen instructions.

if you want to go back to MR1, PM me as I have it also from that site but its sense been removed.

Hi- I read your post about a PM to you about the file to downgrade from 2.1 to 1.5 on an Eris. I'm new and I need to go back to 1.5 so that i can use my phone in my car. Can you PM me or post the file needed?

i appreciate your help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayelay388013