Downloading...Do not turn off target!! Stuck after installing TWRP via Goo Manager

mm60

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue after installing TWRP via Goo Manager , it stuck in downloading ..... Do not turn off Target!! on 4.3 MK2

I went to the download mode by battery pull, vol dwn + power and Vol down for cancel and it rebooted the s4 without recovery mode .

I used I337MK2stockrecovery.tar.md5 in odin and get my recovery mode back. Mine is AT&T Galaxy s4.I don't know it works for any other carriers or not.

| ★ UPDATE.ZIP ★ | ►MF3★AT&T★MK2◄ | ★ UNBRICKED ★ | ★ Jan.01.2014 ★ | - xda-developers

Question about the recovery you did. I have an unlocked I337 on which I loaded goomanager and lost my recovery. If I reinstall I337MK2stockrecovery.tar.md5, will I loose my unlocked status? Need it because I am running the phone on t-mobile. I am thinking of installing safestrap. Does it make sense to do the stock recovery before installing safestrap? Thanks

SeanViper

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I am also suffering from the same problem and it has only been for a night and i'm already bored and annoyed with it.
My S3 today has been fine then when i came to charging it, it went to car mode, stopped taking charge and basically stopped working. I tired all the basics such as turn it off and on, and such. Anyway after it calmed down a bit i just turned it off and and put it on charge and the warning of "downloading... Do not turn off target came on and has been frozen like this for about an hour now. Can someone help?

Jonathan Lananger

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
I would greatly appreciate help of any kind, i recently replaced the screen in my Samsung Galaxy s4, and it had been inactive for about 4 months, and all that would show was the "SAMSUNG GALAXY S4" screen, tried to access the "Recovery booting (Vol up+Home+Power)" And also tried Odin factory install(Vol Down+Home+Power) And had lef the phone on charge, and on both of them pages overnight, and have gotten absolutely nowhere, i see flash updates installed on here, but i cannt get my phone to boot. Have yet to get passed the "Samsung Galaxy S4" screen. Please Please Please help!

AlohaJ

May 18, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for saving me several hours of time. I almost flashed back to stock firmware. Twrp installed on sgh-1337 4.4.2 rooted. Started with twrp 28.04 and tried several versions down to 26.00 with no luck.

Nong Duc Dat

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue but when I tried power + volume down + home and select cancel, it still stuck at downloading - do not turn off the target.

I previously use Phil touch recovery, but I would like to change to TWRP through TWRP manager and suffer the issue.

Pls help me!!!

AllWordNoPlay

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
When the phone is in odin download mode, it is waiting for you to connect to your PC via USB and run the Odin PC client which flashes custom recovery to the phone. Takes about 30 seconds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali