[Closed] Draw Lloyd fan art and you could win a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fsv57

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: Draw Lloyd fan art and you could win a Samsung Galaxy Note 10

My drawing is called Lloyd Drawing Lloydeteer on an HTC Flyer. The inspiration for this is that I feel it is time to replace my Flyer, and I wanted to pay tribute to the device. Lloyd is drawing himself as the Rocketeer because Android is growing rapidly and the sky is the limit!! :D (Drawing was done on the HTC Flyer using the native Notes application)

Jasonzilla

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

Hello all!
This was done using my wife's HTC Flyer and Sketchbook Mobile. The first one is Lloyd atop his valiant T-rex steed, marching to victory on the battlefield of...something...I dunno what exactly is going on in the background. I just wanted to put an Android on top of a dinosaur!

The second one I whipped up quickly, also on the Flyer using Sketchbook Mobile. It's Lloyd deciding what he's gonna wear for the day.

Anyway, I am hoping to win a Galaxy Note 10.1 because I was forced to sell my Transformer Prime after my wife lost her job and I needed the cash to pay some bills. I am a Paramedic and I have a lot of down time, just sitting on an ambulance, and a tablet to play with would be great! Thanks for checking out my drawings!

Sketch1752212-1-1.jpg

Sketch19018541.png

Last edited:

akts

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site

Ok here is the one I submitted. I did another with my daughter but She fell asleep while working on it with me and was excited to get it just on the
web. 7year olds. She loves drawing and is just great.

This was done from concept on paper, then dusted off my old hp tx2000 pc tablet and did my best .

I thought of Lloyd being larger than life with these forums as I check in mutliple times for any news.. and only one thing came to mind when I thought big and green that could match LLoyd and Android in General worldwide.. he's been smashing tokyo for decades and you and I have come to know him, love him or hate him... give it up for...

................GODZILLA! and LLoyd..
Acontestfinalcolored.jpg

Here is one my daughter did as I promised here I would post it on the web... Done with good ol binder paper n crayons..
gengenlloyd.jpg

My Son wanted to draw one as well.. so no favoritism!
Mannylloyd.jpg

Looking through the thread... alot of great entries! It was fun drawing again and working with my kids..

Last edited:
Reactions: Michelle Haag

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I have two entries. Both are in 2B pencil because my only device is a 3.2 inch LG Optimus V that is impossible to draw on. Plus I'm much better on a piece of paper.

The first was inspired by the recent landing on Mars and the hope that someday we will reach even more planets (like the moon of Saturn depicted here). Lloyd is landing on it using a parachute while Saturn is in the background.
I scanned it into my computer and tried to fix the color of the scanned-in image to be as close to the original as possible (which is hard with graphite).
4a4cf808-83e0-5164.jpg

This second one was inspired by the famous shot of the marines planting the flag on Iwo Jima, again this was done with a graphite pencil.
4a4cf808-8ae0-1997.jpg
42570227-c660-84f2.jpg

For comparison (and for those who don't know what photograph I'm referring to).

Now, reasons why I need the Note 10.1
- I am a sophomore engineering student, so gadgets are one of my main interests
- my only device is a 3.2 inch LG Optimus V with a tiny 600 MHz processor
- I don't own a laptop either so I have to rely on computers at school and my dad's computer at home to do my work
- having a tablet would be a huge asset to bring to class this fall since I don't have anything comparable to use.
- unlike a lot of posters here in this contest, I'm a very active member of AC, so you'd definitely see me around ;)
- I'm also an amateur developer ("A.C.R. Development (team DHoT)" on Google Play) that makes themes and root tools... a galaxy note 10.1 would help me develop since developing on my only device has its drawbacks (I can't really use my device for its intended purpose when I'm debugging apps).

Thanks for this opportunity AC :D

Last edited:

cosmo497

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site

I showed this contest to my daughter and she wants this tablet so she can draw on the go. I this entry wins, the tablet will be hers, but I get to use it sometimes until I get my own. The drawing was created on her PC using Paint Tool Sai. She has a line of characters she posts on deviantart.com and wanted to incorporate one of them into a comic featuring Lloyd.

Joque222

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site

This is my jellybean fun submisson!! :D :D

I got inspired by the new jelly bean update and tried to show the fun about it, the secrets of it and how the decisions are endless (many jelly beans) :D

I made it in photoshop since my phone isn't really easy to edit on.

I really want to win this beacuse it would really help me when I study and of course i want to play some games in HD ;)

Hope You like it!

anon4259338

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

On your picture you might want to change 'read' to 'real' ... Otherwise good work! I like it!

hthakkar

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site

I have two images here.

Image 1: Back-cover for my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.
Inspiration: If I do win the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, I am going to design my own back cover, which will have an imprint of what I have shown here. This image has been partially created on the SNote app on the Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 (borrowed from a friend) and partially on MS powerpoint.
I need the tab because I am launching an app in the Social media space and the Tab 10 will work perfectly for me to test and build the app for a android tablet.

Image 2: Expandable memory comic.
Inspiration: As an app developer and tester, my biggest problem with the iPhone has been the fact there is slot to upgrade the phone's memory. So I have created this comic based on the same thought.
Again, I need the tab because I am launching an app in the Social media space and the Tab 10 will work perfectly for me to test and build the app for a android tablet.

Illustrator Joe

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site

Lloyd Fan Art Submission: "LLOYD LIVES!"

I was pretty excited when I saw the post for this contest. Lloyd is a very iconic mascot for Android Central and having the opportunity to make some fan art based on him sounded fun. The inspiration for my submission comes from the very iconic Che Guevara posters, specifically the "CHE LIVES!" poster from 1968 that was used to promote a public meeting at Conway Hall in London. Based on Lloyds crossed arms and stance I wanted to portray him slightly rebellious, and I felt the colors, high-contrast, and stylized figure of the Che Guevara posters fit nicely.

The process in which I created this image started on my Toshiba Thrive. The initial sketches were done in Adobe Ideas, exported to the Adobe Cloud, and downloaded on my computer. Adobe Ideas allows you to save your artwork as a .idea file type which preserves its vector editing qualities. I retrieved my artwork from the cloud and began working with it in Adobe Illustrator. I started off using my best lines from hand-drawn Lloyd and completely recreated him. I wanted to make the shadows and highlights much more harsh to give the high-contrast feel of the Che posters. Most of my time went into the redraw of Lloyd. After he was finished the text was researched to match the original poster and applied. The border was measured out and background shapes inserted. Finally when I was happy with the completion of the vector artwork in Illustrator I exported my image and opened it up in Photoshop where the finishing touches were applied. Contrast was bumped up a bit more and to achieve a more poster-like feel a very faint wrinkled paper overlay was applied, which in my opinion makes vector artwork a little easier on the eyes.

I would appreciate the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 for its awesome Android tablet qualities, but also for its integration of Wacom technology and pressure sensitivity, which the Thrive is lacking. The Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 really is the best mobile sketchpad available and I would love to own one.

Thanks for your time and consideration!

-Illustrator Joe

Android+Central-LLoyd+Fan+Art+Contest-Submission-2012-FINAL.png

Last edited:

med-student

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site

My fan-art is inspired by what I would to if i win the galaxy note 10.1 tablet. I recently finished year 5 of med-school (6 year program) and can really use a bit of rest and relaxation. So I made of picture of Loyd chilaxing with his new tablet by the sunset. All I need now is to win the tablet and some one to fill the chair beside me... :-*:-*:-*

xnio333x

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

Disclaimer: I suck at anything art.

I call this "C-3PO and Lloyd: Droids at the lake". My inspiration is obvious: two of the best droids ever...

Made with my PC (that's why I need the Note j/k). Honestly I haven't found a tablet that seemed like it would be a good fit. I think this may be my first.

Thanks!

naixent

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site

Here's my modest submission...

It's all about the honor that Lloyd should have of being the Lord of a Major House. Inspired by the House that ruled the Seven Kingdoms, here comes the next one to bear this honor, House Android!

Last edited:

mannysy

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

android-poster-mannysy.jpg

Here is an image I did using adobe photoshop and a wacom tablet.

My inspiration for this piece is trying to keep track of all the releases over the years, and being shocked at finding out it's only been a few years.

I am an artist fresh out of school and it would really help me if I could get a galaxy note 10.1 to draw and sketch on. I can't afford it after school loans :(

Here's a link to a 1080p version if you want to use it as a wallpaper:
Wallpaper 1920x1080

Last edited:

sebasss

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site

Hi, my name is Sebastian Garcia, and this are my entries

Better with company:
is a little drawing trying to demostrate a simple lesson, been rude and lonely is not good at all... support is one of the key word in android, and Lloyd us really enjoy it the help
621090_10151372200174199_1176247541_o.jpg

4.1 to the rescue!!!:
this is inspired my expirience with android, long time ago i was a happy iOS user with an ipod touch (you can't get android in my country) and i saved money to buy a a smarthphone... finally i decide it to get an xperia arc, bye bye closed enviroment, high prices etc etc, thanks android for rescue me from that... and i cant be more happy with it... but then, the dualcore and quad core come and i become a little disapointed.. until cyanogen mod (jellybean) revitalized my android again... android is liberty and surprise... and Lkoyd enjoy to look like a hero too
461206_10151372200774199_1153935986_o.jpg