droid 2 and droid 2 global

md17

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi all....I am new to the Droid 2 global....is there any differences besides the obvious with these devices and will the d2 global receive updates like gingerbread just like the Droid 2... I am asking because there's no specific forum for the global. Thanks. I went with the global because of the 1.2 processor...they replaced my dinc with this one

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
I'd wait and search the forums before attempting to force the new gingerbread build onto the droid 2 global. But it will definitely be receiving the same official OTAs as the Droid X and Droid 2

potatoho

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Is it fair to say that the d2g is a better phone and is it slated to get g bread
D2G is better, for some. Though I specifically chose the D2 because the specs show an extra hour of talk-time and the xda-developers community was more active. I run a few custom ROMs on occasion and I don't need the world phone capability.

Yes it will get gingerbread, I can't imagine otherwise. The D2G is basically a replacement (though not directly OS compatible) for the D2 since they don't really market the D2 any longer. I think it is the radio stuff mostly which makes it use a different ROM.