Droid 2 Cases

Topplayer

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I have the verizon case that comes with a belt clip you slide the phone into and it have been working out great for me

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

darrylmendo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I have the verizon case that comes with a belt clip you slide the phone into and it have been working out great for me

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

I bought that case too but I did not like the border right under the four capacitive keys. The border is raised too high and gets in the way whenever you try to press one of those buttons. It got really annoying so I bought the rocketfish case from best buy. They both have their pros and cons.

Rocketfish case from best buy ($24.99):
Pros - I like the appearance more as it is a smooth all black surface. It is also much easier to press the four capacitive buttons and feels more natural.
Cons - Thinner than the the verizon case and therefore offers less protection. It feels like if I drop the phone a certain way the case could actually pop out. The hooks that hold both sides of the case isn't as secure as the verizon case. At the sametime, however, this also makes the droid 2 much easier to slide open the physical keyboard.

Verizon case with holster ($29.99):
PROS - The surface feels rugged because of the design of protruding lines. (The lines have a woven basket design.) This gives it a really great grip and therefore a much less chance of dropping the phone.
-You also get a comfortable feeling that your phone is well protected because of it's thickness.
-The hooks are very secure and you'll feel confident that the case won't pop off if you drop it.
CONS - My main gripe is the border just under the capacitive keys. They protrude too far out and really gets in the way when you try to press one of those buttons. It's the first thing you notice as soon as you put the case on. To me this is the deal breaker since it makes using those buttons feel so unnatural.
-Because of the grip lines I'm not too crazy about the appearance.
-It also may be too thick for some people.
-Because the hooks are bigger it makes it slightly harder to slide open the keyboard.
-I did not like the holster. Even though the phone fits securely in it, it is rather difficult to remove from holster and it gets really annoying when you're trying to answer a phone call. I find that removing the holster off my belt and then removing the phone from the holster is the easiest and safest way to answering a phonecall before it gets sent to v-mail which shouldn't be the case. It's just too difficult to remove from the holtser when it is clipped on to your belt and I feel that with constantly struggling to get it off the clip in time to answer a phone call can lead to actually dropping the phone entirely.

Of course you can buy both and return one of them within thirty days which is what I'm doing. I'm still undecided but i'll post when I do make a decision.

Also, I'm hoping seidio will make a case and holster for the d2 as I am a fan of their cases but they never made one for the d1. Oh well; we'll see.

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Nope. The Droid 2 is shaped differently (rounded edges) and it doesn't have the "lip" at the bottom where it says "Verizon" like the Droid 1 did.

Chipolito

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Just order the ecolife element top case. I am currently using the holster case from verizon but it is a bit bulky and like deadlybatman don't like that the home keys are tough to get to.

Last edited:

darrylmendo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Just order the ecolife element top case. I am currently using the holster case from verizon but it is a bit bulky and like deadlybatman don't like that the home keys are tough to get to.

Right now, I'm actually using the back portion of the verizon case with the front portion of the rocketfish case. It's sad that I couldn't find an all around good case :(

jayxpx

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
OTTERBOX Commuter where are you? I am dying for the otterbox case to come out for this phone. I had both the commuter and deffender cases for my blackberry storm and it was impossible to damage the phone with either of them on it. I dont want to hurt my droid 2 waiting but i dont want to waste money on something else in the meantime.

akabigj

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
This is next on this list for me . I love the mesh case look , really looking forwarding to get this thing on ! Ill post a review once its here!

That one looks pretty sweet.

Maybe I'm boring, but I'm really liking the black rubberized Verizon case. It has a subtle wavy pattern which makes it stay in your hands well. It also feels really solid and protective and doesn't add that much bulk. Only downfall is that it makes the top row of keys on the keyboard a little hard to use if the slider is open.

I like having all the available case possibilities out there if I get bored with this one. :)

winniep

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
OTTERBOX Commuter where are you? I am dying for the otterbox case to come out for this phone. I had both the commuter and deffender cases for my blackberry storm and it was impossible to damage the phone with either of them on it. I dont want to hurt my droid 2 waiting but i dont want to waste money on something else in the meantime.

Anybody have an idea what kind of time frame we are looking at as far as a release date? The droid otterbox was beautiful. Gonna hold out and just baby my d2 as much as possible till the otter hits.

WingNutLori

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I RARELY use the slide out keyboard - and the Verizon Snap-On Case doesn't fit in the cardock. Therefore, I'm interested in a soft rubber case that can EASILY be removed for use in a docking station. Anyone seen such an item?

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
So, I as well as everyone else here is having a very difficult time finding a nice, thin, easy slide out case for my droid 2. I have gone through about 3 cases already and none of them are good.

First case was the Amzer argyle TPU case which was a TOTAL JOKE. Please do not buy this, you will be greatly disappointed. First off the back part of the case is perfect, fits on the phone nicely and once you attempt to put the flimsy front part of the case on is where your troubles will begin. It is a flimsy rubber with tiny rubber corner clips which do not even stay clipped to the phone when you slide it up...I had gotten a refund for this.

I got a verizon rubberized red case, nice case but it is nearly impossible to slide my phone up to type with the case on! Without the case the phone slides beautifully and once this case comes on i feel like I am ruining the construction of my phone everytime I push to slide it up.

The clear plastic case from Amzer is also crappy. Again, cant slide the phone easily and you see all the crumbs and dust particles and finger prints on the case which annoyed me.

Overall, I am patiently waiting on the case-mate barely there case. I would assume it is the best option as they are taking their dear sweet time trying to perfect this product. I hope it comes out soon! Either that or seidio needs to launch something.

These cases all make the droid 2 look so bulky too, it sucks...I love the body of the phone without a case, but I want it protected so we shall see...SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS WITH ME!

darrylmendo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the lack of choices for d2 cases. They all have cons. Right now I'm using the back of the verizon case (the one that comes with a worthless holster) and the front of the fish rocket case from best buy.

I'm patiently waiting for seidio's case for the droid 2. They always make really great cases but I have no idea how long it's going to take for them to release there's.

Innocase Surface - Black for use with Motorola Droid 2

The Innocase Surface provides an amazingly thin layer of protection without adding the excessive bulk of other cases. It consists of a front and back piece that fit your phone precisely, and Seidio's signature soft touch finish provides a great feel and better grip without attracting lint.

- Thin and sleek case provides scratch protection without adding much bulk
- Made from a high quality, lightweight, and durable polycarbonate plastic
- Features Seidio's signature soft touch coating
- Allows full access to touch screen, front buttons, and slide out keyboard
- Causes no friction when sliding the phone open & closed
- Smooth edges allow for easy and comfortable keyboard typing
- Precision cutouts for ports, controls, camera, speakerphone, and microphone

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member