Droid 2 Rebooting/ Locking

NaiRo

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I Have a Moto Droid 2 Stock with Froyo and starting to get frustrated with the Phone, The phone is reacting Very SLOW to my commands and is running very HOT while processing. Thus far today it has rebooted on it's own 4 times. It will also LOCKUP and if I don't take the Battery out it will stay locked for about 15mins before reacting to my command..I have begun to uninstall Apps that I have downloaded within the Last Month however still experiencing problems.

I have yet to perform a factory reset.. I just returned from the Verizon Store and the ONLY thing they did was order my THIRD Moto Droid 2 sense November.

If ANY one has any ideas on how I can get my Droid running correctly would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks ... Android 4LIFE

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I Have a Moto Droid 2 Stock with Froyo and starting to get frustrated with the Phone, The phone is reacting Very SLOW to my commands and is running very HOT while processing. Thus far today it has rebooted on it's own 4 times. It will also LOCKUP and if I don't take the Battery out it will stay locked for about 15mins before reacting to my command..I have begun to uninstall Apps that I have downloaded within the Last Month however still experiencing problems.

I have yet to perform a factory reset.. I just returned from the Verizon Store and the ONLY thing they did was order my THIRD Moto Droid 2 sense November.

If ANY one has any ideas on how I can get my Droid running correctly would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks ... Android 4LIFE

Sounds like a similar problem that I have been having. I had a droid two and when i slid the phone open or touched the power button it wouldnt turn on right away. Went to verizon they replaced it and then that one kept rebooting itself...now i am on my 3rd droid 2 (second replacement) and this one's speaker is blown in the earpeice so whenever im on a phone call it crackles in my ear. They want me to try another "certified like new replacement". Best wishes I have no ideas on how to fix your problem. The only thing I can say is welcome to refurb hell!

tommyboy#AC

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I used to have the same problem until i rooted my droid2 and put a custom rom on it. I am currently running the 1.4.1 apex rom. My phone runs extremely smooth with no reboots or lag time.

thomashedd1

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
It sounds like you need a new ROM. I had the same type of problem with an Eris i had hacked up and flashed, sometimes the device just doesn't like the ROM.

Last edited: