Droid 3 overheating in car dock

burkex90

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone,
I am having an issue with overheating in the car dock. My phone will not recognize the car dock unless the charger is plugged in. then it gets so hot that I burned my thumb taking it out and dropped it. I put it in my pocket, sat down for lunch and brushed against the table and the screen shattered against my thigh. The phone no longer will hold a charge it will not recognize my computer and when Motorola did a remote diagnostic on it they couldn't recognize the phone. They asked me to send the phone in and they said that I have voided my warranty by cracking the screen. They also stated that with a new battery it would not charge. After hearing that I had voided my warranty I had called and the problem was escalated into an investigation for heat damage. The charge from Motorola is $122 to replace the screen unless they determine the damage was caused by overheating. I can understand the bill for the glass if it broke from a fall but what is up with not charging no computer recognition and no more gps location?
If you have had overheating problems like this I would ask you to report this to Motorola. This will not only help me but also other people suffering the same problems.
Motorola Customer Service number is 888-355-8422
Thanks to all of you that help reporting this issue.
Sincerely,
Michael Burke

MotoGuy

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to hear about this, and sorry I didn't find it sooner.

If you need help from Motorola, the number to call is for Android issues is 800-734-5870.

burkex90, I know it's been several months but we'd be happy to have an agent look at this incident.

Carnes

May 15, 2012
Visit site
My Droid 3 started to smell like burning it over heated so bad when then when i slid the phone open i noticed it had melted the key pad . I have Verizon and they told me i was somehow my fault my phone melted and i would have to pay to replace it. I have had appalling customer service. The Droid 3 in my opinion is dangerous and i was lucky it didn't burn down my house.