Droid 3's still Backordered.

nickap

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Ha - I posted two days ago that Verizon said Droid 3s were shipping that day. 2 days later and still no tracking number, so I called them again - the rep said she was sorry I had been given that information - Droid 3s are still backordered. She then checked and said that orders placed on the 3rd and 4th (I ordered on 9/4) will be shipping tomorrow. I'll believe it when I see it ... ;)

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Ha - I posted two days ago that Verizon said Droid 3s were shipping that day. 2 days later and still no tracking number, so I called them again - the rep said she was sorry I had been given that information - Droid 3s are still backordered. She then checked and said that orders placed on the 3rd and 4th (I ordered on 9/4) will be shipping tomorrow. I'll believe it when I see it ... ;)

Yep, my wife got the same apology/excuse when she called yesterday. She was anticipating receiving the phone tomorrow and now they claim it will ship tomorrow. We shall see.

hub1

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I got a email with a tracking # today for an order I placed on the 4th. Delivery scheduled for the 12th.

hub1 :D

update: checked this morning and was surprised to see "on fedex truck for delivery"
guess I get to play this weekend :D

Last edited:

ncolliso3188

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I had ordered my droid 3 on the 6th, returning the new BB bold 9930 for it, and the rep on the phone said she had one in stock at the warehouse she ships out from. Needless to say I was excited because I know these have been hard to get. After a few days of not getting my tracking number I called back and they informed me that it was on backorder. So Im hoping to have my droid 3 shipped out on the 16th like promised. I also looked on verizonwireless.com and it is now say the droid 3 is on backorder till the 20th.

Redx

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Weird to hear they are on back order. I ordered mine 2 weeks ago from a local vzw store. The rep at the store said they had 50,000 in stock at the warehouse. I guess they coulda sold them all by then, who knows. Good luck, i know waiting for it sucks!! :D

ncolliso3188

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
So after I wrote my response yesterday the phone came in the mail, pretty sweet. One question I have about the phone, does anybody else's keyboard (down by the spacebar) squeak? It's almost as if the outer bezel right before the spacebar is loose and can be pushed down a tad whenever the spacebar or your fingers are down in that area? It's going to be extremely annoying to be having this for two years