Droid and Youtube Videos

MasonMI

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
I recently purchased the Eris and have been experiencing issues with Youtube videos not playing I keep getting a message that says cannot play video i've tried the work around and it still doesn't work is this an issue on the Motorola Droid ? I'm thinking of switching from Eris to Motorola Droid since im within my 30 day return time frame to get away from the bugs and issues of the Eris.

Last edited:

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
The Moto Droid plays YouTube videos reliably and they look awesome, especially when the the option to play in high quality is selected.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I wish the HQ option for youtube videos was enabled by default.. I know it's only an extra 2 clicks, but still..

shdwjackal

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Not sure if its the same issue as the TS, but I cannot play certain videos on my Moto Droid. I will pull them up, through the Youtube App that comes on the Droid, and when I click them it will say "Sorry, the video cannot be played." WHat blows me away is that this is on the App that came with the device. I then try to go to the video on the browser using the Youtube Mobil website and the website says that this video cannot be played through the mobile site. I have to tell you, it is definitely a little frustrating. Anyone know of a fix or a work around for this?

ardoreal

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
You'll notice if you get a Droid, it will appear to not do as much as Eris did. This is only because Eris is more preconfigured than Droid is, w/the whole Sense thing.

You can get all the same functionality just the same :D

As far as youtube goes, it's better on Droid than it is on iPhone even. That's saying a lot too, you would NOT be disappointed.

gt3dan

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
the video problem on the eris is known both by verizon and htc. they are working on a fix. this happened because of the software update that recently happened.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armydudeJC