Droid Incredible keeps rebooting

jovox

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Evening guys,

My problem is my droid incredible keeps rebooting in an endless loop. I hear the "droid" audio file then the animation, then the droid eye to indicate its loading, then it repeats.

I had been running the pre-release OTA of 2.2 I got last year and its been buggy so I decided to use rom manager to switch over to cyanogen 6.1 only to find that none of the apps(market, internet, phone, contact list, etc) worked. I tried rebooting and nothing changed. My recourse was to reinstall the backup I had made of my earlier 2.2 rom, which has led us to the problem we're at now. I can't get my phone to start and I'm really interested in just unrooting the phone at this point.

What can I do guys?

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Here is a link to the factory RUU to re-install Stock Froyo.

Inc. Stock Images | doug piston

The Google Apps (market, etc) have to be flashed separately. There are legal reasons they can not include them in the base ROM. Once you flash CM6 you should flash the Google Apps package (GAPPS) and then you should be good to go.

Before doing anything though - Boot into Recovery and re-flash CM6 after doing a full reset of the phone within Clockwork. The install package should be on your SD card under Clockwork/downloads/mirror.teamdouche.com/get/inc/???.zip

That should get you re-booted again and then you can load GAPPS.

jovox

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I reinstalled cm 6.1 and ran it but its doing the exact same thing now. An endless loop of the boot animation, never getting to the homescreen.

jovox

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
alright, school me on this one. I'm not versed in how to downgrade clockwork inside of clockwork. I'm also not sure the file i downloaded is right.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
OK - Download the Clockwork 2.5.1.2 file to your PC - and rename it PB31IMG.zip. Be sure that under File Options, in Control Panel, you uncheck the Hide Known File Extensions option under the View Options Tab. Otherwise you might name it PM31IMG.zip.zip and it won't work.

Copy the file to the root of the SD card. (Straight on the card not in any folders)

Start the phone by holding the down volume key and the power button.

It should flash the recovery.

Reboot into the new recovery and re-flash CM 6.1

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
OK - Download the Clockwork 2.5.1.2 file to your PC - and rename it PB31IMG.zip. Be sure that under File Options, in Control Panel, you uncheck the Hide Known File Extensions option under the View Options Tab. Otherwise you might name it PM31IMG.zip.zip and it won't work.

Copy the file to the root of the SD card. (Straight on the card not in any folders)

Start the phone by holding the down volume key and the power button.

It should flash the recovery.

Reboot into the new recovery and re-flash CM 6.1

did i remove my comment lol oops

jovox

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Pville, I was doing it that way the whole time, except I had my card formatted to FAT only. Once I switched it to FAT32 everything went smoothly. Kinda frustrating to do it right but get caught up on a small detail.

Appreciate the help from both of you guys.

jovox

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm gonna bump this thread to ask a question related. I'm thinking of flashing cm7 rc1 over cm6 to try it out and my Clockwork recovery is back to 3.0. Would I need to reflash it down to 2.5 before flashing the rom to avoid the previous issue or am I fine to go from here?

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Yes. I don't believe 6.1 has updated the install scripts for CWM 3.x. So to reinstall 6.1 you would have to downgrade to 2.5. However, if you make a 3.x nandroid of 6.1 then you should be able to nandroid back with 3.x no problem.

jovox

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
yay, I'm back but for a slightly different reason. Is there a definitive guide to doing backups so that I can carry over all of my data any time I flash a new rom?

I'm looking to backup contacts, sms, mms, call logs, and app data. I'd like to be able to just do a back up then run the file so its as if I never deleted any of it. Each time I've flashed a rom, I've lost something along the way, no matter how hard I've tried to avoid it.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
You can use Titanium to backup everything, system and apps/data but be very selective what you restore back. A lot of the system data should not be restored.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiconnolly