Droid Incredible Shipping?

Vagrant_1

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
WTH my device is sitting like 10mins from me and they wouldn't deliver it today just because it's scheduled for 6/14 delivery. They won't release it unless vzw calls them and releases it. I called vzw and omfg it has to be submitted blah blah it said it would take up to 24hrs before they can release it. Now that's what I call BS:mad:

scandluz22

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
WTH my device is sitting like 10mins from me and they wouldn't deliver it today just because it's scheduled for 6/14 delivery. They won't release it unless vzw calls them and releases it. I called vzw and omfg it has to be submitted blah blah it said it would take up to 24hrs before they can release it. Now that's what I call BS:mad:

Who wouldn't deliver it?

scandluz22

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Fed Ex wouldn't deliver it, they had it listed not scheduled for delivery and I need verizon to release the package before I can pick it up.

Thats weird. I mean why would VZW not just ship it and let you get it as soon as you could instead of putting an actual deliver on date. I don't think I've ever heard of that before. That sux!

VZWBB

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Thats weird. I mean why would VZW not just ship it and let you get it as soon as you could instead of putting an actual deliver on date. I don't think I've ever heard of that before. That sux!

Maybe it has to do with the size of this thread? lol...sorry..couldn't resist.

Maybe it is actually do to a credit issue, like they haven't processed the charge for the phone or something? Seems strange to me...

extra_medium

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
FedEx express shipments don't usually deliver early, if it's a 2 day package and it's scheduled for a certain date they won't deliver it ahead of time because there are other packages prioritized. Your's isn't the only package they have to deliver this week. :) Also just because it's at a facility doesn't mean it's available for you to just walk in and pick up-- it is most likely buried in a truck behind 100s of other packages.

plarpco

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Pricing...

I thought about making a new thread for this, but I figured anyone bold enough to check the end of this long-ass thread would know the answers.

Right now, Amazon seems to be offering the incredible for $149.99. It looks like the activation fee applies ($35), so total price for hardware is $184.99. Through the verizon website, it's priced $199 and the activation fee is waived through 6/14. At my local verizon kiosk at the mall, they offered a $100 switcher-credit for new users porting an other cell-provider's number as long as you start with a 900 minute package. Although, the sales guy said that was only active through June 25th or so, and since the phone isn't shipping until July 9th, I'd miss the credit.

I know that the packages and pricing are the same no matter where you buy it. Is there any reason to purchase from Amazon over the Verizon website, assuming they are shipping at about the same time? I saw someone on this thread mentioning a 2gb SD card, or even a second battery. Is there any confirmation as to the "best" deal right now on this phone?

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
At this point, it doesn't really matter where you order it. Only reason to choose Amazon is due to their hassle-free return policy. There's just as long a wait for Amazon as anywhere else now (though Amazon may have the phones sooner than 2 to 3 weeks), and you'll get free 2 day shipping with Verizon so Prime is a moot point.

The "extras" you get can't be confirmed, so I wouldn't order based on that.

HOWEVER, if you are moving from another carrier, then Amazon may be your best bet, as even with the activation fee, you'll still receive a partial 'new every two' credit (Verizon gives existing customers a credit towards a new phone when their contract expires). If you don't have Prime though and you'd like 2 day shipping via Amazon, you'll probably be around the 199 mark anyway.

So, generally speaking, I don't think it matters at all at this point where you get the phone.

csw6478

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I thought about making a new thread for this, but I figured anyone bold enough to check the end of this long-ass thread would know the answers.

Right now, Amazon seems to be offering the incredible for $149.99. It looks like the activation fee applies ($35), so total price for hardware is $184.99. Through the verizon website, it's priced $199 and the activation fee is waived through 6/14. At my local verizon kiosk at the mall, they offered a $100 switcher-credit for new users porting an other cell-provider's number as long as you start with a 900 minute package. Although, the sales guy said that was only active through June 25th or so, and since the phone isn't shipping until July 9th, I'd miss the credit.

I know that the packages and pricing are the same no matter where you buy it. Is there any reason to purchase from Amazon over the Verizon website, assuming they are shipping at about the same time? I saw someone on this thread mentioning a 2gb SD card, or even a second battery. Is there any confirmation as to the "best" deal right now on this phone?

D Inc's ordered online ship with a 2gb memory card and reader. Also, if you order online you get the rebate instantly instead of sending it in the mail. Maybe if your a new customer porting your number to Verizon you could call the sales number and work out a deal. Just make sure you ask for a manager and bargain with them. They should give you something extra since you have the "porting your number" chip in your favor. Just remember any purchase other than online you have to mail in for the $100 discount. If you bargain enough, they should give you something. I hope this helps!

Dogstar

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
:D

:D I am with you, I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas. Its really quite sad isn't it! :cool:

I know, it's kinda dumb watching every single email that comes in.
I'm sitting here at work constantly refreshing my Gmail, my work Email, my web browser...my god.

I have an iPhone 3G and I have been waiting anxiously to get the new phone so I can call AT&T and tell them where to put their service. Can't wait to leave the iPhone for this thing. My entire isle here in I/T at my job as the Incredible. We kind of all decided to get the same phone. They have now all gotten theirs, I'm the last one and it's annoying watching them play w/ their new apps.
BTW - Google Goggles blew me away as I watched it in action yesterday. I can't wait.

OMG Hurry up Verizon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blaze_3ds