Fedex does it again !! Scammed return Fold 5

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Fedex scammed again. Returned my exclusive gray color Fold 5, mint condition. Got an unsuccessful return email with a video link which shows a different phone in the package.

My gray Fold 5 is missing and instead they thew in a older Fold in the package. Fedex scammers are getting smart at this lol.

Chatting with Samsung now, to see what are my next steps. I have pictures of packing the phone etc. But hopefully they take care and not have me run around and say follow up with Fedex etc.

There is first time for everything, in my long history of buying devices this is the first time I have to encounter something like this.

Update from Samsung chat:
" I have escalated the issue so that they can rectify it and you will get an update for it within 24 to 48 hours."

Final update (resolved):

Got an email from Samsung. Great of Samsung to take care of the FedEx scam without that much hassle. All I had to do was few minutes chat with customer care yesterday and explain the situation.

“All or part of your order #USXXXXXXX has been returned. You have been refunded $678.83 to your account and will be processed within 1-3 working days.”

Last edited:

TheAngryToaster

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
Fedex scammed again. Returned by exclusive gray color Fold 5, mint condition. Got an unsuccessful return email with a video link which shows a different phone in the package.

My gray Fold 5 is missing and instead I think they thew in a older Fold in the package. Fedex scammers are getting smart at this lol.

Chatting with Samsung now, to see what are my next steps. I have pictures of packing the phone etc. But hopefully they take care and not have me run around and say follow up with Fedex etc.

There is first time for everything, in my long history of buying devices this is the first time I have to encounter something like this.

" I have escalated the issue so that they can rectify it and you will get an update for it within 24 to 48 hours."
This is why I got tamper evident stickers and place them on the phone box inside as well as the shipping box.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
This is why I got tamper evident stickers and place them on the phone box inside as well as the shipping box.
I had them as well, the phone was removed by tearing the side of the phone box. And looks like they re-taped the entire outer box in the pretext of unable to scan fedex label. I think this is a trick they are doing in certain warehouses so that they can cover if someone asks why the box was opened up or something like that. TroutDale, OR warehouse is horrible and scam center.

Attachments

• SCR-20230826-fyv.png
    SCR-20230826-fyv.png
    45.2 KB · Views: 59
Reactions: tismydroid

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
And I have been shipping/receiving phones for over a decade now, so eventually I was due for a horrible experience :(

Keeping my fingers crossed that Samsung will do right. They have to stop using Fedex Ground for returns, at least use Fedex Express. Most scams happen in Fedex Ground Warehouses in transit.

Whoever at the Fedex Warehouse stole my Fold 5 exclusive gray version might be having the time of his/her life thinking of winning the jackpot. Surprising they threw in some old Fold in the Fedex package which makes me think this is a well thought out operation. May be to make sure the weight doesn't change? Since they could have put in any old crap phone instead of another older gen Fold.

Hopefully, Samsung blacklists this phone and it's a paperweight.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Mines been delayed in Hutchins Texas for 2 days , I'm hoping no issues I got the video recording of factory reset but not boxing it up I didn't have tape and was in Rush to send out before vacation so hopefully no issues:(

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Fedex scammed again. Returned by exclusive gray color Fold 5, mint condition. Got an unsuccessful return email with a video link which shows a different phone in the package.

My gray Fold 5 is missing and instead I think they thew in a older Fold in the package. Fedex scammers are getting smart at this lol.

Truly sorry to see this happening to anyone. I completely understand and the frustration this is. I didn't have issue with any trade in. Please keep us update.

Reactions: bhatech

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Got an email from Samsung. Great of Samsung to take care of the FedEx scam without that much hassle. All I had to do was few minutes chat with customer care yesterday and explain the situation.

“All or part of your order #USXXXXXXX has been returned. You have been refunded $678.83 to your account and will be processed within 1-3 working days.”

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
My Fold 5 was most likely stolen in Troutdale, OR warehouse. Hopefully Samsung also black listed the phone after processing my refund.

Reactions: J Dubbs

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Glad it was resolved, let's see what happens with the rest of us

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Glad it was resolved, let's see what happens with the rest of us
The way they refunded without any further questions makes me feel they knew what happened after watching the return inspection video they sent. You could clearly see the FedEx folks stole the main phone and threw in a replacement phone in the box.

Samsung should start using express shipping for returns/trade-in, which is via air and avoid ground shipping. Heck I would gladly upgrade my shipping if they provide that option during return or trade in. If needed I wouldn't mind paying some $10-20 extra for shipping for the additional peace of mind lol.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The way they refunded without any further questions makes me feel they knew what happened after watching the return inspection video they sent. You could clearly see the FedEx folks stole the main phone and threw in a replacement phone in the box.

Samsung should start using express shipping for returns/trade-in, which is via air and avoid ground shipping. Heck I would gladly upgrade my shipping if they provide that option during return or trade in. If needed I wouldn't mind paying some $10-20 extra for shipping for the additional peace of mind lol.
I agree or even use best buy to inspect on the spot and let them return after they say everything fine.

Reactions: J Dubbs and bhatech