Droid Maxx unboxing

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
What?!?!?!? I thought you wanted the Ultra...or the X....or Honami...or G2, what is happening here?

It was all about the X and HTC One. Then One took forever to come that I've lost a little interest. And I can't make a custom X until November. My GNex is on its last leg. Swapping out batteries everyday isn't gonna cut it anymore. The Maxx has the X features with a massive battery. I can't say no to that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Mr.Miagi

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
That's what really is drawing me in as well. Huge battery, not a fingerprint magnet, not touchwiz (even though I think the Samsung calendar is the best). Holding me back is the hard keys and potentially bad camera. Screen although not the best should be an improvement over my Gnex.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Text wont be as sharp as the GNex. 4.65 inch screen ckmpared with 5 inch on Maxx. Same resolution.

Are you so sure about that? Doesn't the GNex use PenTile technology? There's a raging debate about what the Moto X/Maxx/Ultra are using with their screen technology, but it's not PenTile. I think it's likely that most people would see the Maxx screen as a step up from the GNex.

One other thing, I don't get the whole concern many have regarding soft versus hard keys. I don't see a huge deal either way.

jameskk1

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Got my Maxx this morning at local VZW store. Sweet phone! It's on my wireless charger right now. Speaker in back is loud as hell. They didn't have the new Sol Deck speaker in-stock or I would have bought it too. My store also had the new Droid Mini in-stock and for sale for those interested in it.

pomal53

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Haven't really tested GPS yet. Reception is excellent.

I would appreciate more detailed info on the radios (phone and data) when you get a chance. I passed on the S4 because the radios seemed mediocre, and I was burned by the Galaxy Nexus (on Verizon). I would like to know how the radios and antenna perform in fringe areas. Are they as good as the Razr Maxx?

crosserb

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I would appreciate more detailed info on the radios (phone and data) when you get a chance. I passed on the S4 because the radios seemed mediocre, and I was burned by the Galaxy Nexus (on Verizon). I would like to know how the radios and antenna perform in fringe areas. Are they as good as the Razr Maxx?

I live in a pretty strong 4g area, couldn't tell yea on the fringe areas yet. Maybe someone else can chime in on that.

Nathan Bael

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Great looking phone. I was hoping that the capacitive buttons were only going to be on the Ultra and lower. Oh well, other than that one minor detail, phone looks great. Enjoy!

mattsterful

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
How does the phone feel overall? Sturdy or cheap plasticy? That's what held me off from buying an s4 that cheap plastic feel. I'm excited for the battery life on this device though.

Posted via Android Central App

clarker07

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
How does the phone feel overall? Sturdy or cheap plasticy? That's what held me off from buying an s4 that cheap plastic feel. I'm excited for the battery life on this device though.

Sturdy. No question. I'm extremely impressed in that department, among many others.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

mattsterful

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
That's awesome to hear. I think I'm going to pick one up this weekend. God knows I'm overdue for a new phone. I still have a thunderbolt. But I didn't want to use my upgrade on something and regret it like I did with this phone. Glad I held out.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semskie