DROID TURBO 5.1 Lollipop: Callers can't hear me over Bluetooth

hemiguy37

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I was having many of the problems as discussed above. I have a 2011 jeep wrangler and I was trying to send a text using the MOTO assist app and it would make my radio act as if it were dialing a phone. I also had the same issue where it would not answer correctly and the radio would not understand it had answered and that it had connected. I seem to have resolved this issue by going into the MOTO app, going to settings (gear top right), choosing voice and putting a check box for audio troubleshooting. You might want to try that, or remove the check depending on what is there now. Hope it works for you!

Roland Labana

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Thanks hemiguy37. Can you tell us if you specifically saw the voice calling issue mentioned? i.e. a call doesn't go through or the other side can't hear? As you mention, some cars don't work well with the setting you mention and changing it can help for readouts. I'm asking if you had the calling issues and if changing the setting solved those issues? thanks

rader023

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks hemiguy37. Can you tell us if you specifically saw the voice calling issue mentioned? i.e. a call doesn't go through or the other side can't hear? As you mention, some cars don't work well with the setting you mention and changing it can help for readouts. I'm asking if you had the calling issues and if changing the setting solved those issues? thanks

For my nissan the phone and the car are not in sync with what is actually happening even though they are paired. ANswering calls works okay (doesn't hang up though without a lag). I found a slight workaround. If i switch to phone speaker, make a call and then change it to bluetooth, usually people can hear me.

VZWsucks

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Regarding calls and Bluetooth the only issue that I have ran into is if I have callers set for ignore they will ring through on bluetooth but, when I'm not Connected to bluetooth the calls will get missed....as they should.

Sent from my DROID Turbo64 via Tapatalk

Soldev

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
I've also had these problems in which the person on the other end of the line cant hear me.
I also get stuck on 'dialing' on outgoing calls.
If my child is streaming music from the phone via bluetooth from the back seat, the audio cuts in and out as if the phone were too far away.

I drive a 2010 Infiniti G37 Journey and Bluetooth calling and music streaming worked perfectly fine prior to the Lollipop update.

The only moto features I have enabled are the twist to start the camera and the chop twice to start the flashlight, all other Motorola features are disabled.

McIrish

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I have a similar problem with my 2015 GMC Acadia. If bluetooth is turn on the phone, often it will say it is paired with the car but if I tell the phone to call someone, the command doesn't go through. Then I call the person from the phone and we can't hear each other. The phone still says it is paired and bluetooth is on and the call is conneceted via bluetooth. I have to go to the dial pad and select speaker so we can hear each other. Extremely frustrating to the point that I am thinking of getting a different phone.
My one workaround I have found is to keep bluetooth off, start the car and let it idle of a minute and then turn bluetooth back on. Stupid workaround for something that should just work. I really like the Turbo other than this bluetooth problem and the horrible speaker. My last 4 phones have been moto but I'm really thinking of jumping ship. I don't want to have to keep messing with it .

Soldev

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
Soldev - is it possible you can tell us the firmware version in your car? It should show it in the settings. thx

I am unable to find the firmware version, the only version information I can find is under the Navigation system:

Current Map Version: 90-10 Map No.1b
Program Version: X1U52008

Doriley

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
I've also had these problems in which the person on the other end of the line cant hear me.
I also get stuck on 'dialing' on outgoing calls.
If my child is streaming music from the phone via bluetooth from the back seat, the audio cuts in and out as if the phone were too far away.

I drive a 2010 Infiniti G37 Journey and Bluetooth calling and music streaming worked perfectly fine prior to the Lollipop update.

The only moto features I have enabled are the twist to start the camera and the chop twice to start the flashlight, all other Motorola features are disabled.

Regarding calls and Bluetooth the only issue that I have ran into is if I have callers set for ignore they will ring through on bluetooth but, when I'm not Connected to bluetooth the calls will get missed....as they should.

Sent from my DROID Turbo64 via Tapatalk

jesta192

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I had an incidence of this this morning with my Plantronics BackBeat Fit headphones, before I knew of the 23.11.39 update today. Anyone with this new update still having the problem?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

rader023

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If I call someone they still cannot hear me on .39. The hang up is now in sync with the phone now though. If the people l call could hear me everything would be great.

Viswanathan N

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
worth a try.
Couple of users,thanks to "rurrito" have been able to resolve a similar issue.Here's what they tried.
"disabling a couple of things in my Google Now settings. I disabled the "OK Google" detection from any screen and also disabled Audio History. I also disabled the "Bluetooth headset, Records audio through Bluetooth headset if available" setting." since then they have had less call audio related issues with Bluetooth.

forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s4/412099-no-sound-phone-calls-after-using-bluetooth.html

Viswanathan N

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
try to search for a similar post in this forum.I'm unable to post a link here.

forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s4/412099-no-sound-phone-calls-after-using-bluetooth

jo99erman

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone had any success with fixing this problem? I am calling verizon tomorrow but unfortunately don't expect much.

Posted via the Android Central App

jo99erman

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
Well, Verizon was completely clueless. Told me to disable HD. That didn't work. Told me to talk to Motorola.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174