DROID TURBO 5.1 Lollipop: Callers can't hear me over Bluetooth

beeztrain

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
My problem is with my lg Bluetooth headset. Works initially then like a minute into the convo no one can hear me.

Posted via the Android Central App

nanohead

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
On my third Turbo this year so far. I still have problems with the following Bluetooth devices...

Motorola Buds (won't pair/connect)
Pioneer 5000NEX (crashes/hangs connection, has also crashed the entire head unit)
2014 Dodge Durango (sometimes won't connect)
2014 Porsche Cayman (won't pair, total PITA, but the Porsche radios suck anyway)
Kenwood DNX890HD (sometimes pairs, sometimes doesn't. Randomly hangs up, randomly sounds horrible)

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
My Bluetooth calling works very well in my '10 Suburban and '13 Taurus. I don't use BT ear pieces.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
On my third Turbo this year so far. I still have problems with the following Bluetooth devices...

Motorola Buds (won't pair/connect)
Pioneer 5000NEX (crashes/hangs connection, has also crashed the entire head unit)
2014 Dodge Durango (sometimes won't connect)
2014 Porsche Cayman (won't pair, total PITA, but the Porsche radios suck anyway)
Kenwood DNX890HD (sometimes pairs, sometimes doesn't. Randomly hangs up, randomly sounds horrible)

I've paired my Turbo with three generations of LG Tone headsets (730, 750, 760), my 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, my Denon receiver, and my HTC One M7 (for file transfer) and it's worked fine in each case.

Posted via Moto Turbo

Attachments

• 55747.jpg
    55747.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 27

01dyna

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Well, you're certainly one of the lucky ones. I can pair any device but they're not reliable. Some will cut out after some undetermined period of time, while others, like my car, will connect but all audio comes through the phone instead of the cars speakers. The only time it works in my car reliably is if I unpair and re-pair the phone to the car. Next time I start the car, the problem returns. I had entertained the thought of waiting until Marshmallow comes out but I suspect, since I went from Kit Kat to Lollipop and the problem persisted, I won't have any luck with Marshmallow either. Besides, Verizon/Motorola are mum as to exactly when we'll get the update. At the end of the month, I'm going to try an iPhone 6s sell my Turbo. I'm fed up with this ridiculous crap.

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, you're certainly one of the lucky ones. I can pair any device but they're not reliable. Some will cut out after some undetermined period of time, while others, like my car, will connect but all audio comes through the phone instead of the cars speakers. The only time it works in my car reliably is if I unpair and re-pair the phone to the car. Next time I start the car, the problem returns. I had entertained the thought of waiting until Marshmallow comes out but I suspect, since I went from Kit Kat to Lollipop and the problem persisted, I won't have any luck with Marshmallow either. Besides, Verizon/Motorola are mum as to exactly when we'll get the update. At the end of the month, I'm going to try an iPhone 6s sell my Turbo. I'm fed up with this ridiculous crap.

That's too bad... I either got a flawless example or you got a bum one. Every single day I start my commute... get in my Jeep, start it up, and my audio book automatically starts playing. Every single day for almost a year with never a problem with connection or audio quality. I also use my LG Tones pretty much every day for either audio books, music, phone calls and movies (HEY - I forgot one - I have it paired to my Amazon Fire TV also!) and my Turbo has never not worked.

Posted via Moto Turbo

charlieboy44

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Again mine works for audio, when i get a call, etc except callers can't hear me in my g37 when I call it. My wife has no issue with her turbo in similar car so something is off and mine used to work fine. I think it was the update this summer but not sure. Love this phone otherwise so hate to leave it but losing patience.

gioan

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
After months of fighting with the same issue you described (Motorola was beyond useless but Verizon replaced the phone with an older-firmware one to work in my Infiniti), I have discovered how to fix the problem:

Turn off Google's "Ok Google" feature activation from any screen, outbound calls now work (connects, and other end can hear me).

Seems the new OK Google background task is incompatible with the new firmware and the Infiniti Bluetooth system. Thanks Google.

jesta192

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I just want to add that with the Turbo and related models, you don't need the OK Google command from Google Now. It is redundant considering it duplicates the Moto Voice functionality.

By the way I haven't had any issues with callers not being able to hear me since one of the previous updates (Bluetooth or otherwise).

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

01dyna

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I was pretty excited to try turning of OK Google and seeing if that works. Cleared all connections, turned off OK Google and rebooted and reconnected. Worked first couple of times and then back to voice only on the phone. *sigh*.

charlieboy44

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately no luck with the turbo, I got frustrated and moved onto the Nexus 6p and I can say all now works flawlessly with Marshmallow - audio, phone etc. You forget how much you miss it... On another note, I highly recommend the 6p, this phone is fantastic.

jo99erman

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
Today, I was at dealership, some software update was performed (which was an old service bulletin) and didn't fix problem. Called Verizon, they said buy a new phone for 650, I told them not a chance. Motorola is of no help either (on the phone with them now). They might actually be the most unhelpful ones, yet. 'We can send you a new Turbo'. But the Turbo is the problem. I say that, and Motorola says 'what would you like us to do then'. Um, fix my phone!!!