posted with the first phone I have not broken in 2 days , Droid Turbo lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-06-29-22-03-01.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-06-29-22-03-01.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 255

irishlak

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
The 5.1 update is running flawlessly no issues at all, I have been running on it for 4 days as I was part of the soak test. Any issues you find are more than likely due to your settings and or your apps were not up to date. Visual voicemail is working fine and yes I get the notification that I have a new voice mail. The chop for the flashlight is a bit tricky but if you grasp your phone tightly and do it it responds it just takes getting used to. You can also drag from the top of your screen pull down and a menu will appear with the flashlight or you can say OK Google now and say turn on flashlight. Go through the 5.1 tutorial and read how to optimize your experience.

posted with the first phone I have not broken in 2 days , Droid Turbo lol

Namrobo

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
One thing I'm curious about is how well the battery saver mode works. Before in KitKat I was getting typically about 2 days of battery life. I'm going to run with battery saver enabled. My only concern is how often it will allow email sulync etc. No one seems to be clear. Some make it sound like it just suppresses it for a longer time and some make you feel like you have to manually check everything

Are you talking battery saver for attentive display? Or is there an actual saver mode now?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
So today I'm not paying attention to battery since its been abnormal use because I did a factory reset. Tomorrow will be the real test.

Last edited:

mrcraft2u

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know what the Star up above means?

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-02-00-14-31.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-07-02-00-14-31.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 279

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Which is a logical thought I've wondered about but then your last sentence is truth: I disabled it for I don't use it and well... Yeah...

Also found that I cannot disable the emergency alert app. I can't remember if I could on KK or not. But I don't ever use that app and have no need for it. I turn everything I can off on it.

When I first installed 5.1 I got a popup after firstboot that asked if I wanted to get alerts, so it must be somewhere in there to disable it, not helpful I know.

Namrobo

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Battery was horrible for me for a bit. But after i did a cache partition wipe, man has that changed. So far anyway but idle seems to have improved. 8hours idle used to be about 6% for me over night. Now its about 3 to 4%.
The battery indicator seems to be more accurate, i guess that gives me an impression that it drains faster. Not sure but screen on time seems cumulatively the same. Just better idle for a fact.
Gonna see how it handles games.... Used to get 3 to 4hours of heavy Clashing.

Blauman

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Droid Turbo: Lollipop software update?

So I got the update and all is working and looking great. Just a quick question though, is there a way to get the Google Now swipe left screen at all? I know it was missing in KK and I used to have it on a rooted S3, was this a feature that was actually removed from the launcher itself or is this a result of a Moto thing?

anon(5384869)

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Droid Turbo: Lollipop software update?

So I got the update and all is working and looking great. Just a quick question though, is there a way to get the Google Now swipe left screen at all? I know it was missing in KK and I used to have it on a rooted S3, was this a feature that was actually removed from the launcher itself or is this a result of a Moto thing?

You can get that w/ the Google Now launcher, which is Google's "3rd party" home screen launcher.

BlackDragon22

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else having an issue where the screen dims with a notification? Specifically, whenever I receive a text through textra, my screen dims until the banner disappears or I manually swipe it out of the way. I am using lux lite, but everything worked fine prior to the update.

Also - sometimes my screen just turns itself up to 100% brightness without me doing anything. Auto adjust is off and when I go to swipe it back to where I have it, it doesn't recognize the brightness is all the way up, nor does lux lite.

anon(5384869)

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having an issue where the screen dims with a notification? Specifically, whenever I receive a text through textra, my screen dims until the banner disappears or I manually swipe it out of the way. I am using lux lite, but everything worked fine prior to the update.

Also - sometimes my screen just turns itself up to 100% brightness without me doing anything. Auto adjust is off and when I go to swipe it back to where I have it, it doesn't recognize the brightness is all the way up, nor does lux lite.

Not sure what lux lite is, and I'm not using Textra, but the fact that the same setup didn't do this before makes me think it is an app compatibility thing with Lollipop. Maybe one of those apps isn't playing well with it.

lgGslateuser

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I updated yesterday afternoon. the update took a while but seemed to go pretty smoothly. I noticed the heat up as well but quickly cooled down. Transitions seem smoother to me. I haven't noticed any battery difference yet but I was fine with it before so i'm good there. 2 issues i noticed though were as follows. speaker volume seems to be quieter to me, it was never super loud while listening to songs/videos but now it seems a bit quieter. The most frustrating issue I had was I could not twist to launch the camera unless the camera was already used before. If I closed the camera and then try the twist, no go. I am able to chop for the light however, so I decided to try something. I turned off the chop for light setting and now the camera works. so maybe the phone gets confused between the chop and twist motion. Anyone else notice this?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe