DROID TURBO: Motorola Assist, Home Mode not working consistently for me

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone that's successfully using Moto Assist (Home) having it work consistently like it should? If so, what's your location settings set to? Mine will work for a period of time, then stop working until I reset the phone, work awhile, then stop working again. I'm set to battery saver mode in the GPS.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Moto Assist - Home

Is anyone that's successfully using Moto Assist (Home) having it work consistently like it should? If so, what's your location settings set to? Mine will work for a period of time, then stop working until I reset the phone, work awhile, then stop working again. I'm set to battery saver mode in the GPS.

What do you mean by "reset the phone"?

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: DROID TURBO: Motorola Assist ,Home Mode not working consistently for me

Power off and back on.

Sent from my Droid Turbo 64-gig from Tapatalk.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

Try setting the location to High Accuracy for a day and see if it works better.

I don't use home assist at all (I tried it once and turned it off pretty fast), and recently I started using driving assist only when I know that I am about to take a long trip. I find it annoying if I am the passenger especially, but even on short trips around town I find it mostly annoying, and definitely I'm generally annoyed by it around the house.

mrcraft2u

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site

Try setting the location to High Accuracy for a day and see if it works better.

I don't use home assist at all (I tried it once and turned it off pretty fast), and recently I started using driving assist only when I know that I am about to take a long trip. I find it annoying if I am the passenger especially, but even on short trips around town I find it mostly annoying, and definitely I'm generally annoyed by it around the house.

Yeah... Have to agree. Became really annoying while at home so turned it off. Only use the driving mode... Works great that way.

Posted via the Android Central App

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I have aldi never tried the home feature. I use the driving assist, which I like when I am driving. I don't mind it as a passenger. But recently my husband has started texting, and it's disconcerting to be on the commuter train and have my phone talk to me.

Felipe57

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
My friend who is blind uses Moto Assist home mode to read his text messages back to him. Home mode keeps turning off at home even with location set to high accuracy. It's very frustrating since it won't read his text messages to him when home mode drops out. Moto assist was the reason he bought the Droid Turbo in the first place but it's very erratic and now he's ready to go back to his old flip phone.

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
My friend who is blind uses Moto Assist home mode to read his text messages back to him. Home mode keeps turning off at home even with location set to high accuracy. It's very frustrating since it won't read his text messages to him when home mode drops out. Moto assist was the reason he bought the Droid Turbo in the first place but it's very erratic and now he's ready to go back to his old flip phone.
Thx. I thought it was just me. Mine keeps stop working, even though it's still enabled. I have to reset the phone to get it back working.

Sent from my Droid Turbo 64-gig from Tapatalk.

ChromeDome00

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site

Old thread, noticed this too, but your friend could just use the built in accessibility features to have the phone read sms messages. All Android phones have done this for a long time. Not sure how a flip phone would enable listening to text messages easier.