Droid vs. Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
As a Blackberry Storm, I was so fed up with the Storms lagging. I was unable to make or receive calls. I basically couldn't do much of anything until the phone decided to "catch up" with itself. I believe the Storm could really be an outstanding phone but its operating system is limiting its functionality. I complained to Verizon and they gave me an early upgrade instead of losing me as a customer. I went with the Motorola Droid and I could not be happier. Everything function on the phone is super quick. The call clarity is outstanding, the internet is fast, just everything about the phone is outstanding. I would highly recommend you switch to the Droid. You will be so much more satisfied with it than the Blackberry Storm.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
As a Blackberry Storm, I was so fed up with the Storms lagging. I was unable to make or receive calls. I basically couldn't do much of anything until the phone decided to "catch up" with itself. I believe the Storm could really be an outstanding phone but its operating system is limiting its functionality. I complained to Verizon and they gave me an early upgrade instead of losing me as a customer. I went with the Motorola Droid and I could not be happier. Everything function on the phone is super quick. The call clarity is outstanding, the internet is fast, just everything about the phone is outstanding. I would highly recommend you switch to the Droid. You will be so much more satisfied with it than the Blackberry Storm.

I too came from the Storm over to the Droid and as I have said many times before, I could not be happier that I made the switch. Although I will admit, I never had such horrible issues with my Storm that would have wanted to make me throw it at the wall, I would find it very frustrating that I would have to perform a battery pull virtually every day (especially if I wanted to free up memory).

As much as I love the BlackBerry platform, the OS just feels outdated. I feel that RIM is really starting to fall behind in the Smartphone business. I don't think they're in trouble, but I think the days are long gone where the first word out of anyones mouth is "BlackBerry" when talking about what smartphone to buy.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Closing this thread since there are already more than a few of them. I will merge it with the main thread a bit later.

Status
Not open for further replies.