Droid X Bootstrapper / ClockworkMod

BigSkyX

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I rooted a couple of months ago after reading all about it on this forum, and after doing a bunch more reading went ahead and used Bootstrap and Titanium Backup Pro to backup everything...then flashed Apex 1.4.1.

Everything is working great. I wish I would have done this sooner!

At any rate, I have a couple of questions about Bootstrap. About half of the time the ClockworkMod Recovery menu shows up on startup. How do I stop this? Is it safe to freeze Bootstrap with Titanium (or remove entirely) since I have already backed up...or would I need it if I have to do an emergency restore if something goes south with Apex or future mods?

Thanks in advance for the help.

SYL

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Bootstrap occasionally caused random reboots for me so I just uninstalled it. A while ago, I used to have recovery show up each time, but for some reason it doesn't show up anymore. Got no answer on how to stop it.

You can uninstall and reinstall the bootstrap apk at will. Clockwork and bootstrap are separate. Bootstrap is just used to install clockwork in the first place

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Chances are it's the ROM that's doing that, not bootstrap. One of the options in Liberty, and I believe it was checked by default, is a "Recovery Safe Mode." It boots into the Recovery each time the phone is booted.

If the OS were to become corrupt, you would need access to Clockwork to flash your backup. Since you have to run Bootstrap to do this on the X, and you couldn't boot into the OS because it's corrupt, you'd be up the creek lookin' for a paddle. That's why you have the option to boot into recovery each time.

I'm not familiar with Apex, but from a homescreen press settings button and look for an option like "Apex Settings." The other option would be to find the forum that the developer/s of Apex use and frequent. I would bet they're DroidForums or XDA.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiconnolly