Droid X Findings Thread!

nedqadams

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Can't get Seesmic to work. It was set up and now it tries to open and then just reverts back to the home screen. I'm currently connected via usb uploading music. That's the only difference I can see but not sure why that would have an effect on it unless the info is stored on the sd card.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Can't get Seesmic to work. It was set up and now it tries to open and then just reverts back to the home screen. I'm currently connected via usb uploading music. That's the only difference I can see but not sure why that would have an effect on it unless the info is stored on the sd card.

Working fine for me.

UPEngineer

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, on my Droid I could filter the contacts app to be only people from my Gmail account, now I'm getting all of my Facebook friends in the same one. Help!!

Here is what I did cause it was annoying the hell out of me too.

Go into the contacts app. There are 3 screens. all the way to left is history. center is contacts and the right is status. The red dot on top right lets you know which one you are at.

Go to the middle or contacts screen.

In top left mine says Contacts: A-Z
Right under that says Contacts: {something}

Tap on that line and you can select (at least on mine):

All Contacts
Favorites
Facebook
Google
Phone Contacts.

I selected Google and all my gmail contacts were there.

You can even create new group and add contacts to it and then select that group and only those contacts will show.

Hope this helps!

UPEngineer

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I am having an issue with Email.

With my Droid it worked fine.

But with the DroidX when I setup my regular pop3 email from my ISP, in the options there is no way to Delete the email when I delete it from my phone.

There is delete if older than week up and never delete.

I hate it because if I get a junk mail or spam or an email I read and don't need anymore, I delete it from my phone just fine. But it still comes through on my regular account as if it had never been read so I basically have to read it twice.

I have looked at every setting I can find and if it's there, I can't find it!

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Here is what I did cause it was annoying the hell out of me too.

Go into the contacts app. There are 3 screens. all the way to left is history. center is contacts and the right is status. The red dot on top right lets you know which one you are at.

Go to the middle or contacts screen.

In top left mine says Contacts: A-Z
Right under that says Contacts: {something}

Tap on that line and you can select (at least on mine):

All Contacts
Favorites
Facebook
Google
Phone Contacts.

I selected Google and all my gmail contacts were there.

You can even create new group and add contacts to it and then select that group and only those contacts will show.

Hope this helps!

Yeah, I saw that in the contacts app. Thanks, though. I'm more-so looking to filter out the facebook contacts when I hit "Dialer" and then the contacts tab.

nedqadams

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Having an issue with downloaded pictures. They're not showing up in the gallery. I get 0 for every field. They're on the SD card under downloads.

04redgto

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I have a pic issue also, and had it on my droid, and I don't remember what I did to fix it. I get an extra 700 pix which is all album art. Anyone remember how to get rid of this? Otherwise VERY happy. I got mine at 7AM , and all of my purchased apps are finally showing up in market....FYI

ferniesp

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I am getting some weird battery problems. I was at 100 percent, fulled with it alot till I got to 50 percent( over 3 hours), from there, once I hit 50, it went to the battery warning and complete shutdown in a matter of minutes.
Some have posted some issues, please confirm once again.

The browser...interesting things going on. With my Incredible, wordwrap worked wonderfully everytime, no issues. With the X, if I load CNN or any site vertically, it won't wordwrap. Once I go to landscape, it will wordwrap and when I go from landscape to verticle, it wordwraps....weird stuff.

The other issue I have is with my Cox e-mail....I won't go there because I am too tired right now.

My first impressions so far are so so. Coming from the Incredible, to be quite honest, I am a bit let down. I will surely give it a try though. My Incredible browser was faster, clearly faster in my book.

mps623

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
im sure the longer this phone is out the better it will get. we will find thing we didnt know were there and we will find how to make the phone work to its fullest. i still love it.

Itlan#AC

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I saw that in the contacts app. Thanks, though. I'm more-so looking to filter out the facebook contacts when I hit "Dialer" and then the contacts tab.

Wow. I hadn't noticed that. The contact management on this phone is seriously bumming me out.

I guess I'm gonna have to not use the motoblmur social networking app and use a 3rd party one to avoid screwing up the contacts. That was one feature I was excited about but it's buggering everything up.

I also thought there was a way to filter which FB friends you got updates on in the app but it doesn't seem to work.

Itlan#AC

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Turns out you can screen your FB and Twitter feeds via the social plugin but mine only let's me add 23 contacts. Looks bugged.

Between the screen freezes, horrid contact management, and little bugs like this Im really surprised this phone got such rave reviews. Tons of potential but will Moto fix any of this?

Def not giving up yet here. But after day one I can't say Id reccomend this phone to someone else. Moto def seems to have shipped a buggy os or my phone is broken.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
it's under settings, you can definitely change it I'm sure.

nah, checked. it allows you to pick from a (defined) group of apps to bind to the double tap, but i didnt see anything that let you disable it completely. if you see how, let me know, as i really would like to use it or QD

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Well, i've noticed my phone is not running the latest OS update that Phil on the front page said was pushed out. Maybe some issues will be fixed when that little update is pushed to end users.