Droid X has officially launched!

TurboCam

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Be like the rest of us with no lives until then, just keep hitting up the forums!

it's totally pathetic. I am so jacked up to get this phone and ditch my BB S1......I keep visiting these forums and also check for any news/updates on engadget. The pathetic part is that I've doing this for like 3 times a day for the last week or so. :eek:

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure there will be some minor issues as with all smart phones, but I too am monsterly excited for Thursday. My local Verizon store opens at 9am and I will be there.

I may even take off work Thursday just so I can play with this bad boy all day without interruption.

See you on the other side.

I tried to do the same thing but I can't get the day off :( but it's ok tho because i always have Fridays off

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
see at first i thought it would be a benefit cuz there are a lot of verizon stores compared to actual population but I went to the verizon store and they said 20 people have came to ask. im just lucky that they know me because i have been harassing them for 3 weeks already LOL

Sorry that I didn't make myself more clear last night. I was commenting on your very good luck in living in Hawaii. It's one of the few places I hate to leave when the vacation is over. I've jokingly told my family that if I ever wander off, start looking for me under the big banyan tree in Lahaina.

There is another bit of good luck for you, if you decide to buy your X online. According to Cory, Verizon should flip the switch to enable orders for the whole country at midnight on Wednesday EDT, that should be 6 PM Wednesday for you, right?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
it's totally pathetic. I am so jacked up to get this phone and ditch my BB S1......I keep visiting these forums and also check for any news/updates on engadget. The pathetic part is that I've doing this for like 3 times a day for the last week or so. :eek:

I just hope you guys stick around AFTER you get your X's too :)

kajii

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
^probably be on here even more. Right now we're discussing an item we don't even have, I'd imagine we'll have a million more things to talk about once we're actually holding this device we've sought for so long. lol

TurboCam

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I just hope you guys stick around AFTER you get your X's too :)

I'm sure I will. When I got my BB, I regularly read/posted on crackberry.com. That's one thing I learned quickly was that if you are going to carry a smartphone, you need to be on top of what's out there for them!

MotoDroidx17

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Just got back from checking my local VZM corporate store in Scottsdale...I tried to get an appointment for Thursday but they aren't taking any. She said they are opening at 8am and they will have 60 phones. Fortunately, I asked if they had any demos available and she pulled one out from behind the counter.
My biggest fear was the size of the phone having never seen the phone before, I can say in the first second of holding the phone it is by no means to big. I actually thought it was a good size and very nice balance (I have the storm 1 now, and Inc for about a month). Can't wait to get it on Thursday.

Strippers4Me

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Finally registered after lurking the boards for about 6 weeks.

I'm a BB user and thought I would trade UP to an Andriod device. I tried to time a 30 day return of a Droid to a Moto X but my July 3 date was off by a couple of weeks.

After using the Droid I can't wait for this thing, I love the OS, it just does what I want when I want. I didn't care for the original Droid as I don't need a hardware keyboard, but the OS is what got me hooked. Plus I've been a Moto guy forever, I'm still using a Razor2, I'm using a Razor V1 now until Thursday! I personally like the size as now I don't think my laptop will get out much on the road.

I've got two on hold at my local store Thursday morning can't come soon enough.

trip4219

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
ahhhhhhh....i've been lookin over all these posts on this great website for almost a month now..finally broke down and setup an account...the suspense is quite literally driving me mad :) i think i've managed to watch/read every single review on the web for the X and frankly its made the wait tougher...JULY 15TH HURRY UP

tlc246

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Thursday seems a lifetime away!!

I can't wait to dive into the X and all its capabilities. I'm hoping it will be a smooth transition from my curve 8330. I'm glad I found this forum. I was addicted to the crackberry site and I always found great information there, so I'm expecting the same here. It's already been helpful so far. I've been able to scour the X manual. I just can't wait to hold it in my hands.

chuch13

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
ahhhhhhh....i've been lookin over all these posts on this great website for almost a month now..finally broke down and setup an account...the suspense is quite literally driving me mad :) i think i've managed to watch/read every single review on the web for the X and frankly its made the wait tougher...JULY 15TH HURRY UP

I'm in the exact same boat...working on a Storm 2 i've had since release day with two giant cracks across the screen. I dont even like looking at my phone anymore so the first thing I do when I wake up before work is check androidcentral for anything new. I've ready everything about X that there possibly is too read...sad really...

rindof21

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Just stopped by my local VZ dealer in dowtown pittsburgh, the person i spoke to said that they got in their shipment of Droid X's today but wouldnt show me one or let me play around with it. A little disappointed.

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Just stopped by my local VZ dealer in dowtown pittsburgh, the person i spoke to said that they got in their shipment of Droid X's today but wouldnt show me one or let me play around with it. A little disappointed.

They don't have a demo out? Show them the pimp hand, thats just wrong.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiid