Droid x unrooting questions

Andyjhay55

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I am rooted using the z4root for droid x, running the Apex ROM. I am having issues with the phone restarting like 10 times a day, and shutting off during calls. I want to unroot and restore back to factory and start over. My question is if I unroot and factory restet, will it actually go back to "out of box" clean from Verizon. I have also removed all the bloatware from the phone.

Thank you

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I am rooted using the z4root for droid x, running the Apex ROM. I am having issues with the phone restarting like 10 times a day, and shutting off during calls. I want to unroot and restore back to factory and start over. My question is if I unroot and factory restet, will it actually go back to "out of box" clean from Verizon. I have also removed all the bloatware from the phone.

Thank you

You need to restore with the backup you made with Bootstrap Recovery (Hope you did this) and then to remove the 2 apps that usually wont uninstall follow instructions below..

I ended up figuring out the solution to remove the two apps that did not remove with factory reset after removing root:

Droid X Bootstrapper Complete Removal

* UNINSTALL the Recovery APK (Droid X Bootstrapper) in Settings, Applications
* Reboot
* Run "adb shell" or "Terminal Simulator"
* Run "su"
* Run "mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system"
* Run "cp /system/bin/logwrapper.bin /system/bin/logwrapper"
* Reboot

SuperUser Complete Removal

* Root Device
* Install Root Explorer
* Browse to System >> Apps
* Delete all SuperUser.apk (My device had 2)
* Restart Device
* Goto Settings >> Privacy >> Factory Data Reset >> Reset Phone >> Erase Everything

After doing this I had a clean, unrooted, stock device ready for repair service.. NO SBF Required YAHHH!!!

If you did not make a backup then you will have to run the FULL SBF located at http://forum.androidcentral.com/mot...59759-official-full-sbf-2-3-34-available.html

Andyjhay55

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I am not over clocking. I was having this issue before I rooted also, and was told that rooting could fix the issue. It is just getting really annoying.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I am not over clocking. I was having this issue before I rooted also, and was told that rooting could fix the issue. It is just getting really annoying.

If you seen same issue rooted and unrooted I would say it is a app or hardware issue, I would guess a app at first guess, are you using Launcher Pro because the recent version has been causing reboot issues...

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
If you seen same issue rooted and unrooted I would say it is a app or hardware issue, I would guess a app at first guess, are you using Launcher Pro because the recent version has been causing reboot issues...

+1. LP has caused a number of folks random reboots. If you're running ATK, I'd uninstall that as well.

If you didn't make a nandroid backup before removing some bloatware, you cannot just do a factory reset...you have to sbf to get all the stuff back. Deleting bloatware is a bad idea. There's so much space on these phones it's completely unnecessary. In the future use Titanium Backup to freeze the apps. Then you just un-freeze them if you want to get an OTA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caroltheresa61