Dropped HTC One from the top of Wicked Rollercoaster - PIC

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Nice to see some pics of Lagoon on here! I'm from Ogden and it's always crazy to see two different aspects of life come together where you least expect it. Sorry to see this happened.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
We are going to Vegas this August and riding on some Roller Coasters. I don't have insurance and will make sure she's secure. :)

SHIFT_tapatalk 2 hTc One

buzzyclonecattleman

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Nice to see some pics of Lagoon on here! I'm from Ogden and it's always crazy to see two different aspects of life come together where you least expect it. Sorry to see this happened.
Like your avatar! It is a small world. Lagoon is one of the coolest theme parks in the west and has been around longer than Disneyland. They borrow quite a bit from them, but it will never be Disneyland. I have been going to Lagoon since I was little 1977, great place and would not mind living in Farmington, currently in West Jordan.

On the phone, thanks for the condolences, life happens. Probably be better off, if I just fell into one of two camps and I was not such a slave to the look almost as much as to the function of these guys. I think I have both iPhone users style disease on the look that almost rivals my need for a screaming, non propietary, highly functional, customizable mobile computer). Actually thought I would never get a case for my phone as I have never had one before with my Windows phones from the late 90's/early 2000's thru my first Android phone in 2008. I've never liked the bulky, poor button alignment, lint magnet look of most of these and have pretty good success with keeping them nice without them. My last two have been pretty slippery due to them being metal and only the UAG armor and Element Cases have changed my mind on phone protection enhancing the look and protection.

bigtnew

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I dropped my One from about 3 feet (in a case) and the screen cracked! Any drop any time can bring a different result. Don't let your guard down people.

LadyDi

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I have never dropped a phone AND had the screen crack nor have I ever used the insurance for damage to it. But, never had an HTC either. That phone looked crazy and I am glad to read you were able to replace it. I see you're going to "case" the new one, great for you. I've always been a case fangirl.

Armeniandave

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I just dropped mine from no more than 16 inches while camping and I have three cracks on the screen! Mother in law dropped her galaxy S3 in front of me earlier from at least three feet with no damage. Guess it's just bad luck.

Posted via Android Central App

shief24

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I cringe seeing that, glad you got a quick replacement. Wish Canada had a insurance plan as awesome as that. I know Rogers does but I don't think they'd let us exchange a phone after that. I could just see my precious Z10 going into pieces.

Well I know Telus and Virgin offer insurance for 7 dollars a month that covers lost/stolen and physical/water damage. You just pay 150 and you get the same model. But you have to purchase this at sale. I heard rogers has this as well.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I just dropped mine from no more than 16 inches while camping and I have three cracks on the screen! Mother in law dropped her galaxy S3 in front of me earlier from at least three feet with no damage. Guess it's just bad luck.

Posted via Android Central App

No, my daughter dropped her One 3 feet onto a tile floor and the screen cracked. You arent alone.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
If you are speaking about the 920 then yes it's the chuck Norris of phones that thing is a tank. But I'll keep my delicate phone

supert1020

May 24, 2011
Visit site
That is why if I go to an amusement park I always put my phone in a plastic bag and wear cargo pants that either have a zipper pocket or a very secure button pocket for just that reason because I know I will be upside down.

buzzyclonecattleman

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Could have been avoided if you obeyed the rules of don't bring phone or loose change with you on the ride

Of course, another one I probably ignored because it was obvious...
stating_the_obvious_warning_sign_9.jpg

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilliejoylene