durability of the note2?

richdroidx

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
dropped mine three time so far w/o a case and stock screen protector and have luckily only gotten a slight small scratch on the bezel otherwise flawless. my co-worker dropped his on carpet from about 4 ft height and cracked his screen so i guess its just a matter of luck

avenuePad

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
As with all phones it just comes down to luck. You can drop a phone 10 times from 6' and it'll be OK, yet just drop it once from 2' and the screen will crack.

A guy I know just dropped his N2 from his hand to the desk he was sitting at - a foot; maybe two. He had a TPU case and yet he still got a big 'ol hairline crack all the way across the screen. :(

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

bvitale

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I had the pleasure of talking with a Samsung rep at the Verizon store the other day. I asked about the durability of the phone because she said the flip is the only case they recommend. She was throwing it all around the store from up to about 6' high. It would explode the case and battery off the phone and she explained that they are designed to do that to release the pressure from the screen on impact. And that with a lot of the cases that keep the phone together can actually cause damage to the screen. Now I did ask her to show me on the sidewalk outside and she gave me that look like you know I can't do that. My personal opinion is that it's all in the way it drops. I have sent my thunderbolt flying across the room by trying to use my foot to break the phones fall. Nothing happened to it. But my last phone in my pocket cracked. Luck of the draw really.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I had the pleasure of talking with a Samsung rep at the Verizon store the other day. I asked about the durability of the phone because she said the flip is the only case they recommend. She was throwing it all around the store from up to about 6' high. It would explode the case and battery off the phone and she explained that they are designed to do that to release the pressure from the screen on impact. And that with a lot of the cases that keep the phone together can actually cause damage to the screen. Now I did ask her to show me on the sidewalk outside and she gave me that look like you know I can't do that. My personal opinion is that it's all in the way it drops. I have sent my thunderbolt flying across the room by trying to use my foot to break the phones fall. Nothing happened to it. But my last phone in my pocket cracked. Luck of the draw really.

She had a special phone that bounced. Haha, no way she would just throw it otherwise. :D

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Already dropped mine TWICE but thank God, it's STILL holding up together. Thanks to my Ballistic case (which I wouldn't consider buying anything else), saved my phone from catastrophies. Look elsewhere if you wanna buy the same case from ShopAndroid.com since it's STILL on pre-order up to this day. LMAO

Attachments

• P1010087.jpg
    P1010087.jpg
    384.6 KB · Views: 26
  • P1010088.jpg
    P1010088.jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 25

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member