DX Top

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
I've been recently experiencing major issues with DX TOP since the software update. Namely, after the update my homescreens were all clear slates--everything gone. I re-added everything the way it was before and then a day later realized that all the old stuff had now repopulated over top of the old stuff. Literrally one icon on top of another. I cleaned that up... Now a few days later everything is gone again, back to being totally blank. I've had to switch back to my standard homescreen for the time being. Any ideas??

try uninstalling the app and then reinstalling.

you also might want to wait a second or three when you see the blank screen, as that is part of dx top's biggest issue, is the redraw time is slow.

R

Roy Aguilera

I've been recently experiencing major issues with DX TOP since the software update. Namely, after the update my homescreens were all clear slates--everything gone. I re-added everything the way it was before and then a day later realized that all the old stuff had now repopulated over top of the old stuff. Literrally one icon on top of another. I cleaned that up... Now a few days later everything is gone again, back to being totally blank. I've had to switch back to my standard homescreen for the time being. Any ideas??

I would clear everything off the home screen (on dxTop). Uninstall (dxTop)and then Reinstall (dxTop).

chrislitzkow

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I would clear everything off the home screen (on dxTop). Uninstall (dxTop)and then Reinstall (dxTop).

Thanks, I have tried this and it worked but only for half a day. What I did was uninstall, reinstall and then everything repopulated. Six hours later I grab my phone and everything is blank again. Not a redraw issue... everything is gone including the dock apps.

Ripjames

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
is there a way to disable the iphone like lock screen, I have Lock Bot running to so I have two lock screens now and i'd rather have the Lock bot one, I use the eclair style on it

MikeB

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Since the latest dxTop update my Droid is incredibly slow. It is like the whole system has delays redrawing, clicking, etc ..

I just turned OFF dxTop as Home for the first time since getting the 2.01 update and all I can say is WOW, my speed improved greatly, I love the new effects when opening apps and the Dolphin browser is super fast! Man, I can't believe how much dxTop slowed everything down .. Anyone else have this problem??

Meinbeast19

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
same issue with the slow down. ever since the 2.0.1 update ive had it installed/uninstalled several times. the features are great but the sacrifice of speed is something im not willing to give up.

waiting for the 5 screen 2.1 update anxiously

Bako

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
There was a discussion about how home replacements slow down your phone over in the Droid forums. dxTop seemed to be among the worst offenders. I used it until I read that thread and then tried some others, which performed significantly faster. dxTop is still my favorite in terms of its overall feature set, (despite having only 4 screens) but the loss of speed and responsiveness, especially when changing orientation, was too much to sacrifice.

For anyone interested in comparing/contrasting home replacement apps, I have a thread on this forum (it's a sticky) wherein I'm trying to review them all. Opinions and reviews would be welcomed.

R

Roy Aguilera

There was a discussion about how home replacements slow down your phone over in the Droid forums. dxTop seemed to be among the worst offenders. I used it until I read that thread and then tried some others, which performed significantly faster. dxTop is still my favorite in terms of its overall feature set, (despite having only 4 screens) but the loss of speed and responsiveness, especially when changing orientation, was too much to sacrifice.

For anyone interested in comparing/contrasting home replacement apps, I have a thread on this forum (it's a sticky) wherein I'm trying to review them all. Opinions and reviews would be welcomed.

Just reloaded this. Seems they fixed the Widget redraw issue I was having. The issue with lag is due to using the built in task killer.

R

Roy Aguilera

This thread was 6 feet under. So I did the cool thing and brought it back. :)
The latest update is awesome. Love the new transitions.

bojowaggie

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I just downloaded dxTop and its cool. How do you setup those mini dock icons? Where do you get info about its features?

Hello,
I have downloaded this program. And I can't find the clock you have with the sun in the middle, what is it called??

Thanks,

rich67

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I love Dxtop. Just one issue...why is it that when I do a screencap, the wallpaper doesn't show up? All I get are my icons and weather/clock widgets....on a black background. What gives?

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I love Dxtop. Just one issue...why is it that when I do a screencap, the wallpaper doesn't show up? All I get are my icons and weather/clock widgets....on a black background. What gives?

Its should have the wallpaper. Haven't used DXtop in MONTHS but the last time I did the sreen cap worked perfectly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogerinsg99