Earpiece speaker rattle

pger555

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
There is a highly annoying rattle coming form my speaker during phone calls. While turning down the volumue does help quiet the rattle it still exists, and if its too low i cant hear the call anyway. Is anyone else having this problem? I hate to drive all the way to verizon for them to tell me they cant do anything about it since im over the 14 day return. Frustrating when you need things to just work!

jdazzr

May 26, 2010
Visit site
The very first (refurbished) one I got had that from day one. Call Verizon make them ship you a replacement.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I am waiting on my third replacement my first had no haptic feed back and the second one earpiece issue.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

pger555

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
I went to the source. I emailed HTC because with my experience Verizon is useless the second you leave the store with a new phone. I simply dont want a refurbished POS. Back when i had the voyager, I cant even remember how many i went through simply from defects and not missuse. We'll see what happens. It sucks tho, because I really do like this phone. Its perfect for what i do.

BTW, my lock unlock button is starting to stick now also. Just another thing that shouldnt go wrong this early in a phones life.

pger555

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
From HTC:

I apologize for the inconvenience you're experiencing with low volume and the unlock/power buttons on the Incredible 2. I will be more than happy to assist you with this issue. Due to the issues on the phone, I would first recommend to perform a soft reset. This is done by powering down the phone, remove the battery for at least 30 seconds, replace it and restart the phone. This will clear the cache on the device.

Make sure you are not using a task killer on your phone. These can interfere with the processes that the phone needs to connect to the network. They are also known to cause instability to the Sense UI on HTC devices, causing the phones to behave abnormally. If you use a task killer, we strongly suggest that you uninstall it.

Next verify that sound setup on the Incredible 2, select All Apps > Settings > Sound > Verify the sound levels.

Also, if you have a case of any type on the phone we recommend to remove it. Cases will often impede proper reception and functionality of the phone.

Lastly I would recommend to boot the phone in safe mode for testing purposes. First verify that Fast Boot is not enabled, select All Apps > Settings > Applications or Power > Make sure Fast Boot is not selected. To enable safe mode:

1. With the device turned off.
2. Press the power button.
3. Once the device turns press and hold the volume down, once you see the splash screen (HTC quietly brilliant).
4. Press and hold the menu button (DO NOT RELEASE THE VOLUME DOWN).

You will know it has worked because the device will give a brief vibrate or 3 quick vibes. Once it loads you will see on the “Safe Mode” on the bottom left of the screen. This disables all 3rd party apps and drivers from launching. Use the phone normally for 24-48 hours like this. Do not use 3rd party apps or install from the market or the test will be inconclusive.

Unfortunately if there are physical issues with the power button, I would then recommend contacting your provider for warranty the store provides. In most cases your device can be repaired or replaced through the provider. If they are unable to assist you, you can contact our HTC Repair/Warranty Department at 1-888-617-1113 (8 AM - 8 PM EST M-F).

I hope this information proves helpful Pat, keep in mind that we are here to answer any questions or concerns you may have between 6am to 1am EST, 7 days a week for your convenience. You may also visit us at HTC - Mobile Phones, Smartphones, Cell Phones, PDAs for further assistance.

I dont really see what the safemode would do to fix anything (even tho i tried it) since its definatly a hardware problem...

Anyway the speaker only rattles every so often now...

qdenning

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Bought my DINC2 late July, by mid-August same problem. Finally 2 weeks ago after this and the clock widget problem I called Verizon. 1st replacement device wouldn't activate. 2nd replacement device had a worse earpiece speaker out of the box. Working w/ Verizon to get a different device... so far they've only offered another DINC2 (new) or a Droid 3. Neither of which I'm excited about. I like this device - but it is a phone first and if the speaker is crap then so is the phone.

pger555

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
You should be happy with Verizon offering you a NEW Dinc 2. That is what you paid for. I dont understand how people think they can get a more expensive phone out of a tech problem. Its not like Verizon is gonna hand you a bionic for a broken Dinc2. Just saying.

I would be thrilled with a new Dinc2, its a great phone

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I went thru 3 devices before I got one that had a working speaker. But besides that it the best Android Verizon has to date. I am waiting for the HTC vigor to come out hopefully it's a nice upgrade to this device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatiko