easy unlock lol

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm using wugs...but those parts where it says "if this doesn't work, try this" parts...that's me, I'm always having to do the hard way, its never " oh sweet, everything is where its supposed to be".

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Without knowing exactly what you've already tried it's hard to help troubleshoot. try these steps

I'm assuming you are using Windows 7

1. make sure usb debugging is ON under Settings > Development Options
2. plug the in to the computer
3. uninstall everything driver related. so open up device manager and find the ADB driver if it's there under Android Phone, right click uninstall. If it's not there then windows is finding it as another driver...u need to figure out what windows is installing it is and then uninstall that. usually it's a usb mass storage device of some kind. It probably also wouldn't hurt to go through and uninstall anything else you've installed trying to make this work.
4. unplug the phone, you don't want windows trying to install the driver again until you get to that step in WUGs
5. go into c:\user\yourusername\ and look for a folder called .android and delete it. it might be hidden so make sure you are viewing hidden files and folders. Might not be there either though...depends on the device. I can't remember if it's there for the Galaxy Nexus
6.Go through WUGS exactly as instructed. It does work.

You may also want to try a computer that you haven't yet plugged the phone into. Start with the WUGs tool and follow it step by step. You probably have a a botched driver install.

This is a developers phone and it's unlockable but it's not necessarily always easy. Of all the devices I have worked with the hardest part of the process always getting the drivers setup right so windows can recongize it.

I like the ASUS method on the Transformer Prime, it's just an app you side load and it reboots and unlocks the device. I think that's a bit too easy though.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

gmen78

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I DID IT!!! Finally.. well I guess I was using version 1.3 when theres an easier and better 5.4 or something... bam! Unlock, root, rom aokp 4.3 and loving it...I have 2 bars 4 g in house now, wtf!! Lol

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I DID IT!!! Finally.. well I guess I was using version 1.3 when theres an easier and better 5.4 or something... bam! Unlock, root, rom aokp 4.3 and loving it...I have 2 bars 4 g in house now, wtf!! Lol

Good stuff! Glad its working.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk