Easy way to block a telephone number?

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Is there an easy way to block a number. On another phone, I can just pull up the call history, select the number and block it. On the HTC 10, I have to write the number down and then enter it in the blocked contacts. Anyone know an easier way?

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
If the number is in call history put finger on number and hold, then tap block sender.

Posted via the Android Central App

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
FWIW, I've used third party blocking apps for years and have had very good results. A newer feature is a weekly sync with the FCC spam list. Any call detected from this list is auto blocked. Another nice feature is private or unlisted numbers can be blocked automatically if desired. I block these as they are usually always spam calls anyway. It's good the HTC 10 has an easy way to block as this is sorely needed these days, but 3rd party apps are very good and take it to the next level and beyond. Also, all your blocked numbers and other settings can be saved and downloaded to any new phone. Some very good ones out there. Extreme call blocker is the one I use.
Just my .02

mike146

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
I have a few contacts that are blocked. I simply add the number to the blocked contact. Usually name the contact something like do not answer, scam, marketing, robo call, etc.

Hyperspace13

May 2, 2016
Visit site
Is Hiya still tops? How does it compare to Mr Number?
I luckily get few spam calls and Hiya has been very good.

I'm not sure what you mean by "tops" but it is rated 4.4 on the Play Store. I haven't tried Mr Number or any other call blocking app because Hiya works great. It's all I need. :)

Hyperspace13

May 2, 2016
Visit site
I just read about Mr number and it sounds like the difference between that and Hiya is Hiya also has caller ID identifying callers using the Whitepages. In fact it use to be called Whitepages Caller ID.