Echo on wifi calling

mesocyclone30

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
well after an update I went a week with no echo. now today the doctors office heard the echo and then my mom did. dammit. i thought it was fixed.

mesocyclone30

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
What about wireless ear buds ?

I usually don't use them in the house. but use them outside. i did take a phone call with them one day but didn't notice any problems. but the issue is intermittent. if i reboot my phone it might work fine for a day or two. and sometimes it only happens on some phone calls but not others. i can talk to someone fine and then call mom a few mins later and then it echoes on mom. it happened to a call from a few different doctors offices before on a few occasions with the pharmacy.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I usually don't use them in the house. but use them outside. i did take a phone call with them one day but didn't notice any problems. but the issue is intermittent. if i reboot my phone it might work fine for a day or two. and sometimes it only happens on some phone calls but not others. i can talk to someone fine and then call mom a few mins later and then it echoes on mom. it happened to a call from a few different doctors offices before on a few occasions with the pharmacy.

Intermittent problems such as yours are hard to trace , you will have to experiment on your end , its going be difficult in a forum

mesocyclone30

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Intermittent problems such as yours are hard to trace , you will have to experiment on your end , its going be difficult in a forum
Well i talked to the tech support. I got a replacement for my Galaxy S21 but they sent a 21 Plus. At first i thought the wifi calling was fixed but now it did it again. And the Bluetooth is disconnected every time i start the car with my after market stereo. I have to go into the Bluetooth settings and click on the stereo to connect. Then later i start the car and it's disconnected again and i have to click on it in the settings again. It's making me mad. The other phone started having this problem for the last week. I was hoping a new phone would fix it. I guess it's all software problems.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Well i talked to the tech support. I got a replacement for my Galaxy S21 but they sent a 21 Plus. At first i thought the wifi calling was fixed but now it did it again. And the Bluetooth is disconnected every time i start the car with my after market stereo. I have to go into the Bluetooth settings and click on the stereo to connect. Then later i start the car and it's disconnected again and i have to click on it in the settings again. It's making me mad. The other phone started having this problem for the last week. I was hoping a new phone would fix it. I guess it's all software problems.
You connected to another Bluetooth device like ear pods ? Which carrier you have?

mesocyclone30

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
You connected to another Bluetooth device like ear pods ? Which carrier you have?

I mention in an earlier post that I'm with Verizon. I have two kinds of earbuds, my car stereo, and bluetooth speaker. Is it normal to turn the bluetooth off and when you turn it back on you have to reconnect all devices? I don't remember it doing that before. But it's happening lately.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I mention in an earlier post that I'm with Verizon. I have two kinds of earbuds, my car stereo, and bluetooth speaker. Is it normal to turn the bluetooth off and when you turn it back on you have to reconnect all devices? I don't remember it doing that before. But it's happening lately.
Thanks , sometimes it hard to go through thread when its back and forth like this overtime , and i do see lot of threads daily sometimes i can mix them up lol

Example :
My car and ear buds are Bluetooth sync , when i have my earbuds on and talking and if i go near my car while on it automatically goes to car radio so i get disconnected from ear buds then have to tap Bluetooth in dialer and choose them again

mesocyclone30

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks , sometimes it hard to go through thread when its back and forth like this overtime , and i do see lot of threads daily sometimes i can mix them up lol

Example :
My car and ear buds are Bluetooth sync , when i have my earbuds on and talking and if i go near my car while on it automatically goes to car radio so i get disconnected from ear buds then have to tap Bluetooth in dialer and choose them again

But what is the normal behavior when you turn the blue tooth on and off? I thought it was supposed to remember what it connects to and reconnects if the device is on?

mesocyclone30

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Im not sure how it prioritize which to connect first

I'm not talking about prioritizing. I'm talking about connecting automatically when the device is turned on. On this replacement if i turn bluetooth off then turn it back on ALL the devices i pair and connect too won't connect when i turn them on. Which means each device i turn on i have to go in the settings and connect it again. I know it's not supposed to be this way because i turn the bluetooth on or off my previous phones and tablet when I'm sharing a speaker between the two. whichever one the bluetooth is turned on is what connects. but now if i turn the bluetooth off and on on this phone i have to connect every device again. like it forgets what is supposed to be connected.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm not talking about prioritizing. I'm talking about connecting automatically when the device is turned on. On this replacement if i turn bluetooth off then turn it back on ALL the devices i pair and connect too won't connect when i turn them on. Which means each device i turn on i have to go in the settings and connect it again. I know it's not supposed to be this way because i turn the bluetooth on or off my previous phones and tablet when I'm sharing a speaker between the two. whichever one the bluetooth is turned on is what connects. but now if i turn the bluetooth off and on on this phone i have to connect every device again. like it forgets what is supposed to be connected.
Thats strange, you could try resetting Bluetooth by going to settings>general management>Reset>rest network which will delete your WiFi password also

WT Whip

Apr 12, 2022
Visit site
Ever since my latest update I have problems where anyone I am talking to hears an echo when wifi calling is turned on. Makes no difference if the call is on the handset or on speakerphone... For now I have turned wifi calling off, but that isn't a long term solution.

I solved this problem on my S21+ by switching from the native Samsung dialer to the Google dialer.

jskinvest

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I had this problem for 6 months and I finally did something that fixed it:

1) power down phone

2) remove SIM card

3) Re-insert sim card

4) power up phone.

It has been a week since I did this and I have not had one instance of echoing on Wi-Fi calling

Try it and see if it works for you.

jskinvest

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
This has been an ongoing issue for me for at least 6 months and I am not alone. Galaxy s21+ on Verizon. It's so weird. The person on the other end of a Wi-Fi call always hears their voice echo very loudly back to them. And the strange thing is it's only if that person is on a landline and I am on Wi-Fi calling. If I use Bluetooth ear buds not a problem. If the person I am calling is on a mobile phone also not problem. If I am on regular calling not a problem. It is only when I am on Wi-Fi calling and the other party is on a land line do they hear the echo. It does not matter what landline I am talking to or what Wi-Fi network I am on. I contacted Verizon and Samsung on this and nobody really seems to have an answer. A reboot does fix it but the problem comes back after a few hours or a few days at the latest. I hope that either Samsung or Verizon could fix this with a software update. In the meantime I have disabled Wi-Fi calling.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
This has been an ongoing issue for me for at least 6 months and I am not alone. Galaxy s21+ on Verizon. It's so weird. The person on the other end of a Wi-Fi call always hears their voice echo very loudly back to them. And the strange thing is it's only if that person is on a landline and I am on Wi-Fi calling. If I use Bluetooth ear buds not a problem. If the person I am calling is on a mobile phone also not problem. If I am on regular calling not a problem. It is only when I am on Wi-Fi calling and the other party is on a land line do they hear the echo. It does not matter what landline I am talking to or what Wi-Fi network I am on. I contacted Verizon and Samsung on this and nobody really seems to have an answer. A reboot does fix it but the problem comes back after a few hours or a few days at the latest. I hope that either Samsung or Verizon could fix this with a software update. In the meantime I have disabled Wi-Fi calling.
Try reset network and rebooting router see if it helps

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe