Echo on wifi calling

jskinvest

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Have you talked to Verizon?

Yes. They said they have received other calls regarding the exact same issue and hopefully an upcoming software update will fix it. I will believe it when I see it. Also spoke to Samsung and they said they are also aware of the issue.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes. They said they have received other calls regarding the exact same issue and hopefully an upcoming software update will fix it. I will believe it when I see it. Also spoke to Samsung and they said they are also aware of the issue.
Hopefully a fix is in the works

jskinvest

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Finally after months of troubleshooting this problem I think I stumbled upon what is causing the Wi-Fi echo problem. It happens after I make a video call. I do not know what the solution is but at least I know that after a video call the Wi-Fi echo will reappear. Right now the only solution is to reboot the phone after I get off a video call.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Finally after months of troubleshooting this problem I think I stumbled upon what is causing the Wi-Fi echo problem. It happens after I make a Duo video call. I do not know what the solution is but at least I know that after a Duo video call the Wi-Fi echo will reappear. Right now the only solution is to reboot the phone after I get off a Duo video call.
Thanks for updating

jskinvest

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Problem finally solved. Turn off the Samsung video call effects and reboot. The WIFI echo calling problem will be gone never to return!!

Last edited:

mesocyclone30

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
So i see this issue hadn't been fixed yet. I've been waiting a year. Been on with Verizon a bunch last October and even got a replacement GS21+ instead of my 21. I just noticed the wifi calling was turned off so i turned it back on and now mom said i can hear myself again. It ruined the conversation and she got off the phone. Back in the fall Verizon tech support said it's a known issue and the next update should fix it. So now it's almost the fall again and still not fixed.

jskinvest

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
THIS is the solution: Problem finally solved. Turn off the Samsung video call effects and reboot. The WIFI echo calling problem will be gone never to return!!

Last edited:

inad316

Sep 6, 2022
Visit site
I started having this issue on WIFI CALLING using speakerphone on the s21 plus on the Verizon network the moment I switched to ATT fiber. I never had this issue on Comcast. When switching providers I still had like 1 week with Comcast. I would put the call on speaker and connect to the modem/router I personally bought for comcast. Echo gone. Same calls, I would switch to ATTs fiber modem/ router and instantly they would complain of the echo until I turn off Wi-Fi and the call reverts to cell.

The only difference between my old modem/router and the ATT one, is the att is wifi6 while the other one was wifi5. I am not sure if that does something to the call. I would like others to confirm of the echo issue by connecting to different wifi's (wifi 5 vs wifi 6, coax vs fiber) and seeing if it fixes it or not. Weird I know but that was my observation so far.

jskinvest

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I started having this issue on WIFI CALLING using speakerphone on the s21 plus on the Verizon network the moment I switched to ATT fiber. I never had this issue on Comcast. When switching providers I still had like 1 week with Comcast. I would put the call on speaker and connect to the modem/router I personally bought for comcast. Echo gone. Same calls, I would switch to ATTs fiber modem/ router and instantly they would complain of the echo until I turn off Wi-Fi and the call reverts to cell.

The only difference between my old modem/router and the ATT one, is the att is wifi6 while the other one was wifi5. I am not sure if that does something to the call. I would like others to confirm of the echo issue by connecting to different wifi's (wifi 5 vs wifi 6, coax vs fiber) and seeing if it fixes it or not. Weird I know but that was my observation so far.

Are your Samsung video call effects on or off? It they are on turn them off and reboot and keep them off. The echo on your caller's end will go away.

Last edited by a moderator:

mesocyclone30

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Are your Samsung video call effects on or off? It they are on turn them off and reboot and keep them off. The echo on your caller's end will go away.

I googled it and isn't that just the backgrounds on the call screen or color of it? If so how does that cause the echo?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissa Oliver