EE have LG G5 in store (UK)

tabberkev

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Went into an EE shop today, and they had the LG G5 in. Feel a bit sorry for LG, they are definitely losing the battle for wall space. The Samsung S7 was everywhere, they even had dedicated Samsung cabinets and signage. The G5 was hiding inconspicuously between all the other phones. They are doing the B&O speaker and headphones with the phone, and had some pretty good deals. Around £35 a month + £50 upfront for 1GB data, or £40 a month + £10 upfront for 4GB of data and unlimited calls. I asked if I would definitely get the speaker + headphones, and he said yes. Their website says its limited to the first 2000 people though (Which surely will have gone within hours of pre-ordering). He honestly didn't seem to know much about it as it was in so recently.

I really liked the look of it I have to say. The camera hump on the back isn't anywhere near as pronounced as in some of the early photos. Not an eyesore at all, honest. It was difficult to get an impression of what it feels like to hold, as they all have those massive security devices stuck to the back so you can't nick them.

Might wait a few days to see if any other offers come out (e.g. with the 360 cam instead), but seriously thinking of ordering. If it turns out the B&O pack is just limited to 2000, then i'd just buy the phone outright for £499.

RadiantDuck

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Nice! I've got mine on preorder from EE, but I'd like to have a look as well. Dead excited for the preorders to come through!

Posted via the Android Central App

tabberkev

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
You could be right there. Went back and pre-ordered today, and the sales guy had to keep checking with his supervisor how to put it through properly as it was "His first G5 pre-order". He'd done loads of S7's though. Based on the limited sample of 1 shop, doesn't sound like its flying off the shelves.

They confirmed I can cancel if the accessories don't turn up which is good. Without those I'm much better off just buying the phone unlocked from LG on Amazon outright for £499, and staying on my current £10 sim only contract. Its due in on 1st April, and LG's outright pre-order price is good until 8th I think.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe