EL29 Source is available!

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I've already done that. And I did try all the suggestions from everyone there and here.

None of them worked. I did say that clearing the Framework did work but as soon as I download a file from the Market, it went back to that.

I guess I should just bit the bullet and do a factory reset.

So my only question is, can I just do the normal factory reset now with the EL29 and the CWM installed?

Or do I have to some special thing at this point?

Thanks!

Rob

Don't use the factory reset via the settings, it will just cause you headaches. Where you downloaded the EL29 package that preserved your data, just download the package that will wipe your data and use that with odin.

Make sure to backup your apps that way you can easily restore them after flashing the wipe package. Just make sure not to backup and system/system settings/ or system apps with titanium back up just your user apps.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Don't use the factory reset via the settings, it will just cause you headaches. Where you downloaded the EL29 package that preserved your data, just download the package that will wipe your data and use that with odin.

Make sure to backup your apps that way you can easily restore them after flashing the wipe package. Just make sure not to backup and system/system settings/ or system apps with titanium back up just your user apps.

OK, but I wanted to do a full wipe with a format, or is that not possible?

I have the external card in, should I remove that, so then I don't wipe that card accidentally?

Rob

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
OK, but I wanted to do a full wipe with a format, or is that not possible?

I have the external card in, should I remove that, so then I don't wipe that card accidentally?

Rob

No need to format, it will be done through that package. It is a whole new system image.
It won't hurt to take out the sd card, I haven't heard of cards being wiped but I guess you can never be to cautious.

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm back and guess what... it did NOT solve the problem!!!!!!

So I guess this issue need to be addressed by Google themselves.

If not I will take the phone to Sprint!

All that work for ... anyway I'm more confident to do stuff now.

Thanks for you hard work!

Rob

Reactions: dtm_stretch

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm back and guess what... it did NOT solve the problem!!!!!!

So I guess this issue need to be addressed by Google themselves.

If not I will take the phone to Sprint!

All that work for ... anyway I'm more confident to do stuff now.

Thanks for you hard work!

Rob

I did find this information, check out the last post:

www.mydroidworld.com/topic/9522-market-shows-no-apps-in-my-apps-list/

This might be an issue with titanium back up or your google account. The means by which it says to fix it sounds pretty difficult though.

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Well, it looks like I should have called Google to begin with. It's a known issue! But there is no quick fix. They sent my issue up to level 2 support and they will get back to me in a few days!

Great! I spent all this time and it's a known issue!

Thanks again for taking all this time with me all day. You gave all your time for a matter that Google has known about! I'm so sorry to have put you through this.

My apologizes!

Rob

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Wow, I was correct, it was Titanium Backup's Pro version with the Market Doctor that corrupted the account!

What's interesting, is that no one ever called Titanium to report the bug. Now that it's documented, I will try and call them when they are opened (tomorrow is Sunday) and scream at them for corrupting my phone. That app is supposed to be the best! For this to be caused by a backup program is unforgivable!

But from reading the messages, I see that Google won't be calling me back in a few days, but just ignore the issue!

Great!

Let's see how much time I can devote to this in the next few days, I'm going to be busy with other stuff.

Let's face it, we spent the entire day on this.

Thanks for the link, that was a good find! BTW, I did post a message over at XDA with the picture.

Oh, yeah, I decided because of all the work to get my phone back. I'm going to do a restore from the backup I have. This way I can have my phone back fast and then wait until I have either the time to try out that suggestion from the link or wait for Google. I can always go back to a factory reset!

Rob

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Wow, I was correct, it was Titanium Backup's Pro version with the Market Doctor that corrupted the account!

What's interesting, is that no one ever called Titanium to report the bug. Now that it's documented, I will try and call them when they are opened (tomorrow is Sunday) and scream at them for corrupting my phone. That app is supposed to be the best! For this to be caused by a backup program is unforgivable!

But from reading the messages, I see that Google won't be calling me back in a few days, but just ignore the issue!

Great!

Let's see how much time I can devote to this in the next few days, I'm going to be busy with other stuff.

Let's face it, we spent the entire day on this.

Thanks for the link, that was a good find! BTW, I did post a message over at XDA with the picture.

Oh, yeah, I decided because of all the work to get my phone back. I'm going to do a restore from the backup I have. This way I can have my phone back fast and then wait until I have either the time to try out that suggestion from the link or wait for Google. I can always go back to a factory reset!

Rob

I was just thinking I would do the same thing and just restore my back up. This is why I use my backup pro instead of titanium, titanium always seemed to give me issues.

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I was just thinking I would do the same thing and just restore my back up. This is why I use my backup pro instead of titanium, titanium always seemed to give me issues.

As I said, I have both!

However, with My Backup Pro, there is a problem for me. It's always crashing. I have yet to contact them and ask them what the issue is.

And the other reason for liking Titanium is that there is a 'batch' mode that has all the per-defined batches which makes it easy to do certain tasks. Have you look at those batch mode settings ever?

I just finished sending Titanium a rather vocal support request message. I had told them since their product caused the problem, it was their responsibility to fix the issue ASAP. The seem to have known about some issues from their Knowledge base, but I'm not sure if they understand what it really caused because their solution would not even come close to fixing the issue.

I'm doing a restore now. Let's see how that goes, if not, then I will spend time getting My Backup Pro to work for the future.

Wow, it's 11pm, I have to start to get ready for bed, and I need to tuck the dog in his bed and kiss him on the head and maybe read him a story! LOL!

Rob

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootje