enable mass storage

billzant

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Dear Forum,

I recently used my fonepad 7 as a hotspot. The person selling me the package showed me how to setup the hotspot and it worked fine.

Today I wanted to transfer data to the phone using the USB cable. Normally I am asked to confirm I want to use USB mode but that did not happen. I couldn't see either my internal storage or the sd card in my computer even though I could see them in the file manager on the phone.

I searched the net a bit and it seems that I need to enable mass storage. To do this there needs to be some USB option in Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> More BUT there isn't.

Can anyone help?

Hope you are keeping well,

All the Best,

BillZ

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Dear Forum,

I recently used my fonepad 7 as a hotspot. The person selling me the package showed me how to setup the hotspot and it worked fine.

Today I wanted to transfer data to the phone using the USB cable. Normally I am asked to confirm I want to use USB mode but that did not happen. I couldn't see either my internal storage or the sd card in my computer even though I could see them in the file manager on the phone.

I searched the net a bit and it seems that I need to enable mass storage. To do this there needs to be some USB option in Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> More BUT there isn't.

Can anyone help?

Hope you are keeping well,

All the Best,

BillZ

Welcome to Android Central!

When you plug the phone in to the computer do you get a USB icon in your notification panel?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haroonseo