Enabling 3g in both sim slots

Teoni

Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
They are shutting down the 2g network where I live. I know 3g works in both my sim slots but at the moment I can only get 3g to work on one sim slot at a time. Is there a way to get 3g to work in both sim slots at the same time?

JOC2016

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
Having experimented with a dual Sim myself I was under the impression that you could only get 3g in slot 1. when I bought it there was already mention online that functionality WOULD be lost in the 2g slot when it was turned off. I am therefore puzzled that you ever got 3g in both slots even one at a time.

Teoni

Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
In settings there is an option to make slot 2 3g/2g or 4g/3g/2g but as soon as I activate that option slot 1 is relegated to 2g. I even get a pop up message relating to this.

Teoni

Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
Is there anyway to split the signal? Is 3g and 4g on the same antenna? Because I have a pretty good 4g signal, and I could use that in slot one and 3g in the second one.

fuzio1963

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Its S7 Edge. I have no idea how that happens......its been always like that. It looks like both sims are active at the same time. Even if i get picture MMS from either of numbers, it always works.......IDK, maybe i "broke" something when i took apart 2nd SIM, and glued it SD card. I use 2 SIMs and SD all together..... :)

Teoni

Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
I know this hack, I don't do it since I don't need the extra storage, though if I was guaranteed that doing so would get me your results I would definetly do it. What are the settings in your Sim card manager? Mine at the moment is Sim 1: 4g/3g/2g and (without my choice) Sim 2: 2g only

Teoni

Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
Its S7 Edge. I have no idea how that happens......its been always like that. It looks like both sims are active at the same time. Even if i get picture MMS from either of numbers, it always works.......IDK, maybe i "broke" something when i took apart 2nd SIM, and glued it SD card. I use 2 SIMs and SD all together..... :)

I know this hack, I don't do it since I don't need the extra storage, though if I was guaranteed that doing so would get me your results I would definetly do it. What are the settings in your Sim card manager? Mine at the moment is Sim 1: 4g/3g/2g and (without my choice) Sim 2: 2g only

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjeans