Engadget Review

Djblue

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Engadget is pretty biased imo, also I think they got the camera specs wrong because on the ThisIsMyNext review they made a comment about recording in 1080p. Really you guys should not let reviews make your decision, try it out for yourself. You get 30 days to return the phone....that's more than enough time to decide for yourself..... instead of letting others opinions drive you into a decision.

Reactions: aisenshi

MNofsinger

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
He said the camera doesn't do 1080P video. I wonder if that is because he had the camera set to 3D? I will have to watch again to see if I can tell.

mike44pl

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Engadget is pretty biased imo, also I think they got the camera specs wrong because on the ThisIsMyNext review they made a comment about recording in 1080p. Really you guys should not let reviews make your decision, try it out for yourself. You get 30 days to return the phone....that's more than enough time to decide for yourself..... instead of letting others opinions drive you into a decision.

Exactly..., many of these reviews seem to be made by uninformed people or fanboys. I say we wait and see by ourselves if there are any problems.

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
He said the camera doesn't do 1080P video. I wonder if that is because he had the camera set to 3D? I will have to watch again to see if I can tell.

Just wanted to bring up that its a SHE her name is Myriam that reviewed the phone and Iisten weekly to the engadget mobile podcast and she always *****es at htc because of sense and also hates CDMA carriers such as sprint and verizon.

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to bring up that its a SHE her name is Myriam that reviewed the phone and Iisten weekly to the engadget mobile podcast and she always *****es at htc because of sense and also hates CDMA carriers such as sprint and verizon.

she....heshe.. it. Myriam really bothers me. Ugh...

Djblue

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site

Lol yep that's why I called the review biased.

edit-Here is a pic of Myriam for the curious
myriam-big.jpg

Last edited:

mike44pl

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Lol yep that's why I called the review biased.

edit-Here is a pic of Myriam for the curious
myriam-big.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Why did you have to do this for me???? I'm about to go to bed and I'll have nightmares now.

Is he(she?) a transsexual? Seems so.

Djblue

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
It's real, if you go to the part of the review when she's talking about the camera you can see a reflection(and some of her face):(

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I think it is stupid. You dont review a phone and hate on a feature and at the same time not ***** about the interface. One stupid part of the review was that she hates sense 3.0 but the phone was the snappiest phone ever. I mean a user interface such as sense should not be blamed if it is not slowing down the phone. The new touchwiz is even snappy but it is just too damn ugly and shows no innovation on samsung's part.

Sense might use up lot of resources but it does not slow down a phone and the user interface actually shows that HTC put some time in to it.

"Oh we hate sense but we cant give you a reason other than that the phone feels like the fastest phone ever." F**king stupid.

nuprotocol

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure they also did the battery test with 4g on the whole time which was pretty unrealistic as most of us will only turn it on when we need it so i think that isn't a valid point

I was worried at first and you were right.. Look what she said.. lol

"Which brings us to battery life, or the lack thereof. After topping off the EVO 3D, it only took 14 hours and 44 minutes to drain the beefy 1730mAh battery down to 7%. We barely used the handset during that time -- we made a 15-minute call and slept 6 hours. The rest of it was spent taking a half-dozen pictures, and occasionally checking three email accounts plus one Twitter account with all the radios enabled (save for Bluetooth). "

The phone lasted almost ALL DAY with every RADIO on but Bluetooth. The OG EVO would of died in less than 4hours with all of that ON. This has really sold me on the battery life, and how great it is. Although what she meant for bad, turned out to be good...!

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Cnet is actually bragging about battery life. I am sure I will be more than happy with the battery life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny