Epic Email App Problems

eharty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I am using the Epic email app for a couple of POP acounts and have 2 problems:

- Even though I have it set up to check email every 5 minutes, I have to refresh manually to get new emails.

- Sending pictures through email takes a very long time. I downloaded Maildroid and pictures get sent quickly.

Any ideas how to fix?

Thanks.

johnnyappleseed

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Are you killing the e-mail app manually with a task manager? Or if you are using one of the non-stock task managers, you may have to add the e-mail app to the exceptions list. I have mine set to d/l every 30 min but I noticed if I kill the e-mail app when it's running in the background that it doesn't connect until I open the app myself.

eharty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Are you killing the e-mail app manually with a task manager? Or if you are using one of the non-stock task managers, you may have to add the e-mail app to the exceptions list. I have mine set to d/l every 30 min but I noticed if I kill the e-mail app when it's running in the background that it doesn't connect until I open the app myself.

I am only using the built-in task manager and re-booting doesn't fix the problem. Maybe I should delete the accounts and set up again.

tomburns

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I have had the first issue myself, with emails failing to auto download (I have it checking every 5 minutes and it will go several hours without downloading unless I tell it to refresh manually). I did two things and believe I fixed the issue, although have not ironed what did the trick:

First, I disabled the app missedcall
Second, I made sure I left myself in the combined inbox and then jumped out to the main screen (before I was either leaving it in a specific mailbox or closing out).

I'd be curious to hear if others experienced this issue and/or were able to resolve it. As someone who just jumped ship on 6 years of blackberry, I really rely on emails coming through automatically.

eharty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I deleted and added back the accounts and all is well so far. Emails are coming in very reliably every 5 minutes.

Hope it stays working...don't want to have to delete accounts very often.

eharty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I am back to not getting emails this morning even after manually syncing. Re-booting the phone got email going again but this is a PITA.

tomburns

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
The issue seems to come and go for me. I wonder if an app is interfering with the pop check. Anyone else using launcherpro that has this issue? That is the only app I can think of that might cause the problem that I have installed.

dragonol2

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Yahoo not working in the native email app! (I can't add my account)

The Yahoo Mail app is okay but I imagine that having Yahoo integrated into the stock apps would make for a better user experience...

Anyone else having trouble setting up their Yahoo account on the Epic email app?

tomburns

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I tried calling Sprint tech support about this - you can probably guess how that went...they had me wipe the device and start fresh. Big surprise - problem persisted.

Then I tried using the K-9 program and while it has only been a few hours, seem to be getting emails as I should so I suspect it is just the native email app being poor.

frankos72

Jun 20, 2010
www.pigstands.com
K-9 and MailDroid are both better at IMAP that the stock app, but I'm still not sure what the best solution will be. Probably MailDroid it seemed to use less battery than the stock app is.

lancelot916

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
None of the email apps are good (i use IMAP). some have PUSH, but don't have html. i tried k9, seven, and mail droid. day 2 with Epic and it just takes me longer to do things vs. Pre.

i might switch back to Pre solely for this reason. email is such an important thing for work and productivity.

eharty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I installed K-9 and also have a problem receiving email with K-9. Maildroid has been working well all day.

Anyone have a fix for this email problem?

DrSuSE

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I think more must be going on here than is noticed. I am a newbie Epic/Android user (coming from a Pre) and agree the native email app sucks. That said, both K9 and Maildroid have performed very well through all my testing (pretty extensive including both standard and Google's version of IMAP via idle/push and poll and also POP).

DrSuSE

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't update IMAP emails besides things like MobileMe, Gmail, or Exchange. Email from Earthlink.net or Hotmail will not work for some reason (in terms of push email).

It can only do push for IMAP servers that support IDLE... Which is normal for most email clients.

Cringer

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Yahoo not working in the native email app! (I can't add my account)

The Yahoo Mail app is okay but I imagine that having Yahoo integrated into the stock apps would make for a better user experience...

Anyone else having trouble setting up their Yahoo account on the Epic email app?

My wife got an Epic yesterday and I had to figure out how to do this, since the Yahoo app wouldn"t dowload .pdfs and other files.

I had to do a manual setup because the mail app wasn't using the correct mail servers for her email. Long story short I just opened up my Pre settings and used the Palm/Yahoo settings which worked like a charm.

incoming server: palm.imap.mail.yahoo.com
your user name: ________ (should be your full email address)
password: ___________
SSL encryption
Port: 993

outgoing server: palm.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
your user name: ________ (should be your full email address)
password: ___________
SSL encryption
Port: 465

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tudi23