Epic users got there update, wheres are's?

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
So I think its time for us Evo users to grab our pitchforks and poke HTC and Sprint for Gingerbread, just sayin.
Um, you realize that the Epic update is for Froyo, something we've had since August of last year?

Meanwhile, not even the Nexus One has gotten Gingerbread yet. I think Google wants to work out the random reboot issue that the Nexus S has been having, before they push the update out to other phones. I've heard that HTC is working on the Gingerbread update for the Evo, but I certainly wouldn't expect them to have it ready before Google has it for N1.

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
Not only have we had Froyo since August, it's been updated 3 times. Epic users are finally just getting it now.

BTW....you can get Gingerbread if you really want it. I'm running it.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G with Tapatalk

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm OK with the ROMs I am using now.

Besides, like others have said, we got our Froyo update ~2 months after our phone was released. Epic owners had to wait ~6 months.

I would say we are way ahead of the game.

cabrone

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
ours is already on our device.
Granted, I am a bit jelly (jealous) of their new update and want one for the EVO. Dare I say, now that the devices are on even playing fields (for the time being, at least) I find myself actually loathing my EVO and wanting the EPIC. Be it the screen quality or the media hub, I'm not sure. May be just "the grass is always greener" theory, but I'd trade my EVO for an EPIC in a second.

tailsthecat3

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
we wont get 2.3 since its reserved for the nexus s.

contact sprint to request 2.4. you request it from sprint then sprint requests it from htc.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone of an official Link that says the Nexus S is the only device getting gingerbread 2.3 update?

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone of an official Link that says the Nexus S is the only device getting gingerbread 2.3 update?

It has already been said by numerous sources that Google is skipping to 2.4 Gingerbread. So that is the reason we are seeing a delay for Gingerbread 2.3 on these devices. I had posted a thread awhile back about this. HTC's MWC conference all but confirmed that 2.3 would not be on the devices, seeing they were using 2.4.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g/58848-google-killing-2-3-update-skipping-2-4-rumor.html

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
What improvements does Gingerbread have over what we have now? I'll admit, I'm too lazy to research this stuff, but I keep seeing these Gingerbread posts and don't have a clue why so many people want it.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
What improvements does Gingerbread have over what we have now? I'll admit, I'm too lazy to research this stuff, but I keep seeing these Gingerbread posts and don't have a clue why so many people want it.

Just like anything else, it's an UPDATE! Everyone wants that newer update. Just the way it works. As for differences? Well Gingerbread does have some more optimizations within the system, and as for 2.4 it now supports Dual-Core when only Honeycomb officially supported it before this. So 2.4 Gingerbread and 3.0 Honeycomb truly support Dual-Core.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It has already been said by numerous sources that Google is skipping to 2.4 Gingerbread. So that is the reason we are seeing a delay for Gingerbread 2.3 on these devices. I had posted a thread awhile back about this. HTC's MWC conference all but confirmed that 2.3 would not be on the devices, seeing they were using 2.4.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g/58848-google-killing-2-3-update-skipping-2-4-rumor.html
I'm not saying the rumors can't be true... however, in all fairness that's all it is - Rumors. I'm being optimistic at this time... in still believing that the Evos will be getting gingerbread 2.3 update soon. An Official statement from Google, or HTC would suffice.

cabrone

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
...then you might be changing right back. :p

I'm pretty sure that we'll be seeing Gingerbread officially on our Evos by April 1st.

I was just thinking that very thought. Switch now and may desire switching back. We shall see. Gingerbread would be lovely

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm not saying the rumors can't be true... however, in all fairness that's all it is - Rumors. I'm being optimistic at this time... in still believing that the Evos will be getting gingerbread 2.3 update soon. An Official statement from Google, or HTC would suffice.

In the beginning it was a rumor correct, but since it has become more official with numerous companies confirming it. Do some research and you will find what you need. HTC has skipped 2.3, and that is the reason they did it with the new devices they announced. A Sprint admin confirmed on the Sprint forums that nothing was being talked about with HTC or Sprint for Gingerbread 2.3. Would you like that link? I have numerous insiders within both companies, and I do this every day. Reason I have posted news to new updates with nobody not even knowing they were coming. I have been trying to gather as much info as I can for you guys. So far HTC has opted to skip to 2.4.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/61443?tstart=30

He posted his response on the 9th which is pretty recent. Sprint and HTC do not have plans right now for 2.3 on the EVO.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teresa Belmonte