EVDO Rev B

stu5797

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
When dialing ##data# is see evdo b disabled. I get the option to enable it when I enter my msl #. Anyone know what happens?

ljbad4life

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Yes the Photon supports EV-DO Rev. B

https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/471566

I don't think it matters though. I'm doubtful that Sprint is going to announce a Rev. B deployment. I think Oct 7th is going to be about the iPhone, LTE and their "Network Vision" project.

I do think that Rev b is a part of Sprint's "Network Vision" The new Push to talk that sprint is launching is data intensive 3g(it's not based on wimax or lte) and has simultaneous data and voice. So what is it based on? Best bet is EVDO Rev. b!

abrcrmdl23

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Looks like the announcement is sprints own lte network to light up first quarter 2012, and probably no rev b. :-(
Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
It looks like Sprint will not be deploying Rev. B, so it's all for not anyways.

Official Sprint Answer:

Sprint is committed to delivering the highest quality network experience. Our Network Vision plan will improve your network experience, but it does not include any EVDO Rev B launch. Sprint has evaluated EVDO Rev B and chosen to go directly to 4G connections. Since we are not launching EVDO Rev B, none of our handsets supports EVDO Rev B.

Thank you for your interest in our Network and Chipset Technologies!

Source: Sprint Community: EVDO Rev B

Carajean206

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Well there goes hoping sprints network will get better soon. I think people were hopin against hope for this to maybe justify or explain sprints sucky network. Sprint will prolly announce lte in 2012 which will see just as slow a roll out as 4g.

Here is something im wondering what makes verizon 3g so fast and why cant sprint copy that and most their customers will be happy.

Sent from Photon 4g

bw75

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
My EVO 4g has the setting. I just switched it and its definitely clearer...regardless of their answer. So you should have it too.

Sent from Tapatalk on my HTC EVO 4g running Honeycomb MikG 2.60.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reality3020