News Even the new Quest Link software can't save PCVR for me

rchapman80

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I've had the opposite experience. I'm running a Quest 1 connected to my PC for sim racing and I really haven't had an issue. Granted I want to get an upgraded version for better fidelity and refresh rate but I haven't had much problem. I only use it by itself or connected to my PC for sim racing which I find amazing. I'm sorry you are having this experience because it has taken my immersion to the next level sitting behind a GT car running around Sebring.

mavthedemonwolf

Mar 10, 2024
Visit site
I never had any issues with my Rift S since I bought it in 2019 or so. Used it until recently when I decided to "upgrade" and give the Quest 2 a try (despite the fact that I despise Facebo- I mean uh... "Meta" (still a ridiculous name, prove me wrong). I don't bother using my Quest 2 for anything aside from PCVR and I've had nothing but issues out of it as long as I've had it. I was even dumb enough to cough up the $80 for the "official" link cable. Still a list longer than Santa's naughty list of issues. I know you might ask why I don't use it standalone then, but it's primarily because I some games I play either don't have cross play between PCVR and PC or solely because of such terrible graphics. The graphics on Standalone actually make me feel sick to my stomach at times whereas PCVR is fine for me.

If you ask me, it's just that Facebook wanted to keep folks with a Quest off of PCVR and sell subpar and inferior games and apps on their own storefront.

greenswedd

Mar 16, 2024
Visit site
For the best wireless PCVR experience, please consider purchasing a standalone and decent Wi-Fi router that you simply plug in to your PC, and use that to exclusively connect your Quest with the Virtual Desktop app. The app has worked so much better for me than Meta's own solution.

Ragobi

Mar 18, 2024
Visit site
Absolutely a skill issue. Nobody builds a pc from "scratch". You were not IBM at the age of 12. I highly doubt you have much real experience with computers at all.

DarrinMU

Mar 18, 2024
Visit site
I was surprised to read this. I use PCVR, and it is my favorite way of playing. Yes, it was definitely a challenge in the beginning when I didn't know the whole router thing. That said, I got a Netgear Nighthawk router in my office and it works great with Oculus Sync. The load times are a little long, but the games work great except for the occasional crash. I've played Valheim, No Man's Sky, Skyrim, Legendary Tales and Half Life Alex. All work well even though my computer is a little sub par.

itamargs

Mar 19, 2024
Visit site
Don't give up!
I felt like you but than i discovered "Virtual Desktop"

It's what meta quest link should have been.

You need to install the client app on the quest and the streamer app on you PC. There are good tutorials on YouTube but for me its pretty much working out of the box.

Quest link was a disaster for me but i found virtual desktop to be very stable.