Ever got Sprint to replace Phone outside the 30 days?

SoFlaZ06

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
What? I'm intrigued. This is my 3rd Evo 3d, I bought the first before launch. However, I've had this one (a brand new one) for less than a week. Do you mean I get to treat it as a new one? So I can just go to the store and take it back?

did you get all 3 within the 30day trial or you do pay for the warranty?
If you have warranty, doesn't matter how long you have, but i'm assuming you don't since you asked the question?

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
First one in June. Worked fine, till early sept, then got refurb with TEP ($100 deductible). Then that crapped out, they sent me a new one about 4 days ago. Now it just recently crapped out.

So yeah, I've got TEP. Is that what you're talking about?

SoFlaZ06

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
First one in June. Worked fine, till early sept, then got refurb with TEP ($100 deductible). Then that crapped out, they sent me a new one about 4 days ago. Now it just recently crapped out.

yes, you're fine. they'll replace it, they'll do there "diagnosis" first, if it's hardware, they'll replace it.
if its software, they do a reset and ship you off till you complain again. make an appointment is the best bet or go early, it can really be a waste of time if it's out of the way

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

Replacement yes, SGS2 I don't think so. You are no longer under the trial period.

sent with my EVO3D with lazer beams

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I knew that much already. I'll try haggling them over the phone for a SGS2. They've been pretty receptive when I threaten leaving, but frankly I think this a longshot. We'll see...

At the very least, I just want a working phone.

Lazy Fair

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
If the Sprint store gives you a hard time, keep your cool and while you are with the manager use you're phone and call "care" (used to be called retention).
Ask care what they can do to keep you as customer. Tell them that at this time you are unable to have service due to repeated broken phones. Explain that you don't blame them for the broken phones, but if they are unwilling to give you a working phone, then you have no choice but to cancel your contract due to refusal of service due to their corporation policy of not giving you a working phone to use. Explain that if they dare try to charge you for early termination, that since you are now no longer going to be on contract, that arbitration will no longer be mandatory, and you will take them to court for any damage to your credit rating.
I dought that it will even get that far...I'll bet that care will give you a new 3d without issue.

Good luck

I see only one reason why this tactic could fail: the OP might possess some semblance of honor and integrity.

Well, and then there's also the reality that, despite the popular sentiments of public opinion, there is, in fact, no legal precedent which entitles anyone to free in the event of a minor misfortune, especially one that can be resolved in a number of ways beyond forcing the evil big business to incorporate a personalized charity wing. If Sprint isn't to blame for the bad phone, then please explain how Sprint could plausibly be held responsible for any credit damage that results from their refusal to cater toward a stubborn customer's unreasonable demand.

The manufacturer makes the devices; and Sprint very likely didn't even sell this customer the phone, given the widespread presence of authorized third-party dealers. In no way has Sprint forced this hypothetical customer to breach the contract. Sprint provides the network on which the consumers work out a deal to use their individually-owned phones. If the phone breaks, perhaps suspend your service temporarily until you can replace it on your own, but don't request a change to the bonus repair policy that they only offered to you on the terms to which you both previously agreed. Don't forget that someone already lost a couple hundred bucks on the first device strictly as an incentive for you to follow through with your monthly payment obligations (which you then later refuse on the basis of their unwillingness to eat further loss). Yes, if you try to bail on the part of the deal in which they recoup their loss on the device, they will expect the reimbursement you signed a paper agreeing to. People always forget that whenever someone buys a phone at the discounted contract (upgrade or new activation) price, Sprint/the seller loses money. They're not all sitting on a shiny pile of brand new devices behind your back and lighting cigars with your cash while laughing maniacally at your broken tragedy of a handset.

I worked at a licensed service & repair center. We know all the desperate bluffs to which customers predictably stoop. Anyone working there for longer than 2 months has witnessed the legal bully who flaunts his JD as a lame attempt to induce obedience to his almighty will. The employees are used to it; their managers certainly are; and their higher-ups are doubtless prepared to handle empty threats for lawsuits (even if they include frivolous use of Latin terms). A regular dude who doesn't even have the advantage of being able to present a preliminary summary of his potential legal recourse, that is, lacking the flair that would be necessary for even a chance to distract from the utter absence of substance, has even less probability of success with such a transparent flame-out.

Of course, I may be too optimistic. Maybe it would work. However, I like to think I'm right about business still retaining at least a hint of adherence to principle.

OK, I'm done now.

SoFlaZ06

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
So 3 days on my new Evo 3D, so far so good. that last one was just a bad unit that turned me off alot. im slowly reinstalling my apps :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sam_274