Ever since Marshmallow updated the Galaxy S6, why aren't music apps working?

A

AC Question

Ever since Marshmallow updates Galaxy S6 music apps not working?

I updated my Galaxy S6 last week. Ever since then, google play music and pandora will only play about 20 seconds of a song before there is an error. It just pauses and won't play. How can I fix this?

SophiaPetrillo

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
Do you have power saving mode on? My phone does this too when I stream music with power saving mode on. The only thing you can do, to my knowledge, is turn it off.

HMBgal

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I use I Heart Radio and it stops and starts to the point that I can't listen and just shut the app down. Maybe delete and reinstall will work? I dunno. If it does, I'll report back.

STETTOMAN

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
Yep, my S6 reboots at will, will not play iheart or ANY audio aps for more than 5 minutes. I've had it to Verizon, who tried some gimmicky "fix" or another, but I think this is simply a huge eff-up on Samsung's part allowing Google to ruin a lot of otherwise perfectly great Galaxy phones with this mallow garbage. I was GUARANTEED that Samsung was issuing a patch last week. Nothin'.

What 14 year old brain surgeon does Google have writing this crap anyway (my apologies to 14 year olds NOT running Google's Marshmallow/bathwater sipping department)?

STETTOMAN

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
Do you have power saving mode on? My phone does this too when I stream music with power saving mode on. The only thing you can do, to my knowledge, is turn it off.

My s6 doesn't care what mode it's in. It reboots at will, shuts down apps, especially audio apps, at will. I have deleted and reinstalled iheart twice now, no change.

This is ALL due to a crap os. I'd like to know the procedure to get Lollipop back. It worked flawlessly.

SophiaPetrillo

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site

STETTOMAN

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
Thanks Sophia, I'm no programmer, but anything is better than marshmallow, even a $500 paperweight. I'll print his destructions and try it once I get my courage all drank up....

HMBgal

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
It's weird, I've never had my phone shut down like this. I haven't changed anything except I did the update. It shut down three times this morning: once while I was reading a text, once when I was listening to internet radio, and once while I was on Facebook. And it's so slow sometimes, which is new since the update. I don't push my phone that hard, don't game, don't have a bunch of apps so I'm at a loss. I don't want to do a factory reset, and I don't feel I should have to. I have VZW, if that makes any difference. It's irritating.