Everyone still loving there samsung galaxy s2?

mike104393

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Its been roughly 5 months since I've had this phone........

Even after all the problem with reception, gps, and wifi issues. I must say, I still love this phone. It really doesn't stop surprising me. The built quality has helped this phone withstand many accidental falls. It has seen me through my tough times and my good times. It has saved me though some desperate moments; moments, that I lost my report and helped me remote into my home computer to print out another copy. This phone helped me capture memories that I may have never captured n give me up-tp-date information at a moments notice. I really have to say, this phone was definitely, money well spent. Now that the s3 is around the corner, prime being the current top, and the iphone 5 rumored to be release sometime soon. What are your thoughts on our aging device?

N8TJG

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: Everyone still living there samsung galaxy s2?

Just picked mine up last week after switching from a bb...so far it's been great. Still learning it though.

Samsmalls

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site

I've had mine since sept. 16, I started going out with the chick at the Sprint store that sold me this phone, good times, well we are hardly even friends now & barely talk. So the GS3 is on the way now, Just like women there's always something new. But you'll always remember the good ones! I'm still comfortable with this elite device, however I guess it's On to the next one (gs3), maybe they'll stretch the life span a bit longer than 12 months so we won't have to crank out another $500 so soon!

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site

I do but like with every phone I've ever had I am starting to get a little bored and would like a longer battery. But other than that it is the best phone I've ever had. I'm still amazed at how little dust gets in this phone. That's been a huge gripe of mine over the years. the build quality on this phone is great.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

I purchased mine towards the end of December and still loving it. More so with the recent ICS leaks and over-all developer support this device has on XDA.

cjones

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site

I am loving my Epic 4G Touch after having it a while now. Still really enjoy the "Feel" of the phone. So light compared to my Evo 4G and my wife's Evo3D. I am rockin great battery life as long as I kill Facebook everytime I am finished using it and the Devs are really working hard for this phone. I can't wait for CM9 to hit us. Very exciting indeed.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

I like the build-quality but the operating system is horrible.

Want to elaborate on that? Are you talking about Touchwiz or Android in general?

As for me, loving it still! Looking forward to the update and I hope that Samsung pretties things up some more. Something tells me that I will get a GS3, as long as Sprint will carry it which I am sure they will. The update will carry me over until we get our paws on the GS3.

This has been the most trouble free and most reliable phone I have ever had, I will be hard pressed to get a HTC or Motorola device. I am looking forward the most to a higher resolution screen in the GS3, that, and a prettier Touchwiz. With all the performance the next phone should be packing, I am expecting to see a smoother and even prettier UI. If they can't make it much prettier themselves, then please let us just enjoy stock ICS!

E_Cross

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

I live my phone so much
it lives me back
it lives me right in the pants
and I live it in the pants
live live live it wants my live

I have had very little issue with mine, wifi works better then my evo, I get better reception, people sound better, they say I sound better, a few spots were no/low phone/wifi signal was before now have acceptable service, screen is excellent, speed is great

still needs some work on the time delay for some things. I don't like that when I select a phone number from the work log it does just call it, annoying when I am trying to dial quick, and tapping someone's name you have to hit the phone icon, if you select them it should call, and then for text an icon should be there.

nothing to dramatic on problems.
Everyone complains about GPS, but it is no better/worse then any other phone I have had.

omahawildcat

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site

Want to elaborate on that? Are you talking about Touchwiz or Android in general?

As for me, loving it still! Looking forward to the update and I hope that Samsung pretties things up some more. Something tells me that I will get a GS3, as long as Sprint will carry it which I am sure they will. The update will carry me over until we get our paws on the GS3.

This has been the most trouble free and most reliable phone I have ever had, I will be hard pressed to get a HTC or Motorola device. I am looking forward the most to a higher resolution screen in the GS3, that, and a prettier Touchwiz. With all the performance the next phone should be packing, I am expecting to see a smoother and even prettier UI. If they can't make it much prettier themselves, then please let us just enjoy stock ICS!

Android. what the hell is touchwiz? I miss WebOS. Hardware and apps are great to have, but man, is the ui the most f'd up thing around.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

Android. what the hell is touchwiz? I miss WebOS. Hardware and apps are great to have, but man, is the ui the most f'd up thing around.

Touchwiz is what you use every day, it's the launcher that sits on top of Android that makes everything look a bit more pretty than Gingerbread in it's vanilla version, which is pretty boring. It also adds some functionality such as folders, and a different menu when adding widgets, shortcuts, different wallpapers etc.

Don't get me started on webOS, I was a Sprint Palm Pre victim, hated that thing! Don't know how many times I had to reboot that a day. The OS is ok, but in the mean time I can't remember anything that I miss from it. That whole card system stuff was a good idea, but I hated the ever so frequent "too many cards error" that made you reboot in order to start a new app. We will get the swiping off notifications that were great in webOS in ICS. I like Android, love all the apps, and love the great selection of hardware we get to pick from.

duddy23b

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site

Whew! what can I add to the prior comments but to echo them all, superb phone, quality build for sure, extremely pleasant on the eyes, vision and eye appeal, its comes with all the apps I need ok! ok! I'll leave some words for others to say.

silx29#AC

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I live my phone so much
it lives me back
it lives me right in the pants
and I live it in the pants
live live live it wants my live

still needs some work on the time delay for some things. I don't like that when I select a phone number from the work log it does just call it, annoying when I am trying to dial quick, and tapping someone's name you have to hit the phone icon, if you select them it should call, and then for text an icon should be there.

nothing to dramatic on problems.

Everyone complains about GPS, but it is no better/worse then any other phone I have had.

If you swipe their name to the right it'll automatically call them. If you swipe to the left it will go to their message thread.

Reactions: freddyc and cjones

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Love the phone, like Sprints rates but Sprints data service is killing what would otherwise be a perfect experience.

I really hope the tower updates and upgrades help because theres nothing more frustrating than seeing my 3G disappear turning my smartphone into a paper weight

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

Love the phone, like Sprints rates but Sprints data service is killing what would otherwise be a perfect experience.

I really hope the tower updates and upgrades help because theres nothing more frustrating than seeing my 3G disappear turning my smartphone into a paper weight

I often get 2MB/s down here at my office over 3G. It's getting better, slowly.

OMGLadyGaga

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site

I think us, as Sprint users, have had it pretty sweet in regards to the Epic Touch 4G. We still have the best phone on the carrier so I think that makes it easier to still love it as a device. If we were on ATT or something and Skyrockets HDs, Notes, etc. were all getting released then we might feel a little differently. I think this is one situation in which Sprint having a somewhat depleted phone lineup is a good thing. Now, Bring on the Galaxy S 3!

cjones

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site

If you swipe their name to the right it'll automatically call them. If you swipe to the left it will go to their message thread.

Thank you so much for writing this. I never knew this. What a great time saver!

noshooz

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

Since the lastest update my battery life has gotten a bit worse for some strange reason. GPS issues - frustrating but fixable with the GPS Test app. Other than that, you can have my Epic Touch when you "pry it from my cold, dead hands!" I've had mine since the release date.

PanchoPlanet

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site

Thank you so much for writing this. I never knew this. What a great time saver!

We (You) learn something new everyday. LOL
My wife claims I'm having an affair with my Epic Touch so what do you think about me and my Epic Touch. I'm going for the Sam G3 but I'm not getting rid of this icon of a phone. BTW wifey has her own. I used to hate sleepless nights now i look forward to them, my Epic keeps me informed and entertained, always !!!:cool: