EVO update 3.70.651.1 pushing out now!

yibrushn

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
until the devs dig into it non of us know what under the hood changes are made. Maybe they fixed the 4g lag?? why so many debbie downers?

rexdeaz

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
What do I do if I'm root?

Is this an update that will undo my root if applied? And if I am root and this update won't screw that up do I need to make a backup before flashing?

ruhi

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I have Swype beta... Is this update going to screw **** up for me? Should I uninstall the Swype I have before I agree to update... Is there a way to avoid the update, I have no use for bloatware.

coogrrr94

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Never mind, just powered down and back up and my screen went black like an earlier poster said, guess it is downloading now.

False alarm, don't know what my phone was doing there for several minutes with a black screen, but it wasn't downloading the update that's for sure. Same version as before.

Slow_S10

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
The install went through as smooth as it could possibly go for me (hardware 0003). For all the people complaining about the inclusion of Swype you can still use the stock or any other downloaded keyboard and for the folks that had the Beta version already and are complaining about downgrading to this older version... You are the exception. Besides you can probably just uninstall the beta version, install this system update and then reinstall the beta.

I didn't have any version of Swype installed and I had no intention on downloading a pirated version to get it either so for me this is a God send. Before this I had to settle for the Slideit Keyboard which was not terrible but Swype is much much better. I don't really care about anything else in the update so far.

Oh and I didn't see any new 4G widgets either.

Chuckl

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I removed my legit Swype beta before the patch. Swype is now installed, but I cannot select it as my text input? Oh Goodie...

Crimson

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Personally I'd uninstall Swype. I'd started a topic over in the Swype Beta forums to ask them what the process is for Swype beta users receiving this update and if we can still participate in the beta since its now 'preloaded' so to speak.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ab07