EVO3D Case with kickstand

BigRick10

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I think its re-tarded where they put the charging port.

htc-evo-3d-kickstand-case-02.jpg

htc-evo-3d-kickstand-case.jpg

http://androinica.com/2011/03/why-d...11/03/why-doesnt-htc-evo-3d-have-a-kickstand/

Reactions: Melaza

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Yeah HTC made the same mistake with the location of the charging port as with the thunderbolt, when you use the kickstand you can't plug the phone in at the same time.

boriqua2000

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
This case will be useless when i buy sedios 3500 mah battery. Hopefully the extended back will have it's own kick stand built in.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I just want to be able to stand the phone up when watching videos ... I will buy as many batteries as needed. Lol.

(Loving it)

xcharles718

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Instead, They should make an optional battery cover with kickstand that doesn't add too much bulk. If they can pull that off, I would probably use it daily.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

Fletch75

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Yeah they didnt think this one thru. The phone needs a kickstand hopefully an after market maker will make a replcement back cover with a kickstand built on it ad then the placeing of the charging port or hdmi port really screw up the entire phone. maybe they will fix this before release as the stand situation and port placements that make the phone a no buy for me.I was looking at the specs on HTC site is this only a 3g phone as they don't list any 4G specs???

Last edited:

airbend

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Can you stand it up in portrait?

From the looks of it, I would be tempted to try to solve the problem by placing it in portrait if I'm just plugging it into my tv. Has anyone tried standing it up in portrait?

Yeah they didnt think this one thru. The phone needs a kickstand hopefully an after market maker will make a replcement back cover with a kickstand built on it ad then the placeing of the charging port or hdmi port really screw up the entire phone. maybe they will fix this before release as the stand situation and port placements that make the phone a no buy for me.I was looking at the specs on HTC site is this only a 3g phone as they don't list any 4G specs???

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site

This case looks like my barely there case...the HDMI port on the side is becoming a standard thing on HTC phones.

Barely there case.

31-lp9ZzVNL._SS400_.jpg

31ZefYQK95L._SS400_.jpg

3125obDHQ2L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I hope there will be some changes to a few flaws I've seen before the launch date.

Remember, the units and accessories are all pre-production - and could be changed if needed too.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

They did it because they need the charging port on the side to work with a dock. (probably a media dock with an HDMI out) That's the reason why a kickstand wasn't included on the Evo 3D as standard.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I hope there will be some changes to a few flaws I've seen before the launch date.

Remember, the units and accessories are all pre-production - and could be changed if needed too.

What flaws are you talking about? Because nothing major can change. The only thing that could is texturing of the materials, and material choices, and that's it.

EMT J

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Not a bad design, definitely wouldn't mind a thicker and more sturdy kickstand. The only thing I'd change is having the kickstand flip out from the other side so you could still view media and/or play music and charge the phone if necessary. They really should've left the USB port on the bottom.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
What flaws are you talking about? Because nothing major can change. The only thing that could is texturing of the materials, and material choices, and that's it.
Opinions to what we might called flaws are "things we see that we believe could've been different, or wasn't needed" in this case there are a few things that I've seen.

The phone itself to me is OK.. if I could get certain things change(regardless of what that could be) then most certainly I would.

kzibart

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I'd prefer an inexpensive "dock" (stand) that simply props the device up and has a micro USB port on the base as a pass through to the one on the phone. If it was cheap enough, I'd buy a couple. One for work, one for my desk at home, etc. Then cables could be left alone and all I'd have to do is drop the phone into the stand wherever I go. I'd pay $15 a piece.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
isaacmause