exchange evo 4g lte for diffrent make and model??

chib32394

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
does anyone know how to get sprint to exchange the evo 4g lte for a different make and model. i am having all connectivity issues including 3g wifi and data issues. ive had 3 replacement devices and still the same issues.

wess580

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I dont know if sprint still does this but if your having the same problem with the phone and they switch your phone three times with in 6mo your allowed to get the next upgraded phone free

TrueDrooid

May 22, 2010
Visit site
just got Best Buy to junk my EvoLTE and figured what was the harm in asking if they could swap me out to the SGSIII, AND THEY DID, I was shocked and extremely excited. glad I kept their insurance plan.. apparently the warehouse is slow in replacing the EvoLTE right now. mine broke from a fall from a rollercoaster.. tookover a week before they told me to just come in and grab a new evoLTE from the shelf. (no deductible, brand new phone)and upgraded to SGSIII gotta love that, oh n they gave me another 30 days return and I bought my EvoTE back on release day in June

Make sure when you are dealing with Sprint that you document the repairs and maintenance so you have a solid and valid case for your next device or potential upgrade

bertimus2002

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I am on my 3rd EVO 4G LTE and am trying to get a replacement device, switched to something else. I love HTC, but this phone and the issues it has been having are hard to swallow when we invest in a new phone/contract for 2 years.

TrueDrooid

May 22, 2010
Visit site
and thats what they are going to keep on doing unless u set them straight, its so easy to get you out of the store and tell u that they are going to have a new same model phone on the way.

Don't let it get to 4 & 5 exchanges because at that point they may think you are just fishing for a new comparable model phone.

chib32394

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
getting third replacement monday. last replacement for me. if i still am experiecning the same issues sprint will have to replace the phone with a different make and model or i am going to leave them completely

thomasr1950

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm having issues too. I'm on my 4th, my wife is on her 2nd. On my wifes she got a refurbished phone from a 3rd party Sprint Store. I talked with a Sprint Manager & he's trying to see what he can do. Where do you base your info. on getting a replacement if you have issues with the 3rd & 4th phone?

TrueDrooid

May 22, 2010
Visit site
getting third replacement monday. last replacement for me. if i still am experiecning the same issues sprint will have to replace the phone with a different make and model or i am going to leave them completely

chibcon1 how'd the new replacement handle after you got it?

wess580

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm having issues too. I'm on my 4th, my wife is on her 2nd. On my wifes she got a refurbished phone from a 3rd party Sprint Store. I talked with a Sprint Manager & he's trying to see what he can do. Where do you base your info. on getting a replacement if you have issues with the 3rd & 4th phone?
My info comes from sprint because ive had problem with some phones in the past after the 3rd swap within 6mo i was given the option to either get the same phone or get the next upgrade
with comparable specs ...the last time ive had one done was when i had my palm centro the next upgrade was the palm pro which was new at the time... then few months later i used my upgrade 2 get the palm pre

usadaytrader

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I am on my first replacement for my LTE. I got mine direct from HTC and it still is dropping 3g. Sprint doesn't want to do anything about it because it tests "ok" in the stores. They didnt even want to swap phones for me. HTCs repair center sucks. They took over 14 calendar days to try and fix my first phone. They were waiting on parts. I am sick of this. The original EVO had zero problems, now this POS looses 3g all the time. I might have to take them to small claims court. I really dont want anything but a working device. If I wanted an expensive watch, I'd buy a Rolex.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I am on my first replacement for my LTE. I got mine direct from HTC and it still is dropping 3g. Sprint doesn't want to do anything about it because it tests "ok" in the stores. They didnt even want to swap phones for me. HTCs repair center sucks. They took over 14 calendar days to try and fix my first phone. They were waiting on parts. I am sick of this. The original EVO had zero problems, now this POS looses 3g all the time. I might have to take them to small claims court. I really dont want anything but a working device. If I wanted an expensive watch, I'd buy a Rolex.

The OG EVO was palgued with hardware problems. You were lucky if you weren't one of the many to deal with them. Are you sure its not Sprint in your area right now, and not the phone, causing the issues?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

usadaytrader

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
The OG EVO was palgued with hardware problems. You were lucky if you weren't one of the many to deal with them. Are you sure its not Sprint in your area right now, and not the phone, causing the issues?

Its not just one area. Its at work, home and gym. Sad when OGEvo and a blackberry keep 3g signal right next to the POS LTE. All of which are on Sprints network.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Its not just one area. Its at work, home and gym. Sad when OGEvo and a blackberry keep 3g signal right next to the POS LTE. All of which are on Sprints network.

Okay, just wanted to be sure you tested. Many won't before complaining.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tinnitus