Exchange Push not working?

Bigtuna00

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this is a Optimus-specific problem, a Froyo problem, or something else.

I have a "Corporate" email account enabled and set to push but it never automatically syncs. I have to manually run the email app and choose "Refresh" from the menu.

I don't have this problem on my EVO but I realize the EVO is using the HTC app for email, not the stock Android app.

So is it a problem with the stock app, or the phone? Or something else?

Thanks!

EDIT: I guess it's called "Corporate" and not ActiveSync on the Optimus.

Last edited:

idbl_fanatic

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this is a Optimus-specific problem, a Froyo problem, or something else.

I have Exchange ActiveSync enabled and set to push but it never automatically syncs. I have to manually run the email app and choose "Refresh" from the menu.

I don't have this problem on my EVO but I realize the EVO is using the HTC app for email, not the stock Android app.

So is it a problem with the stock app, or the phone? Or something else?

Thanks!

I have found that once you set it up for push (initial setup) if you even go into the account to LOOK at it, it will mess it up, I had to delete the account, and recreate it, and leave it alone.

Bigtuna00

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I'm not 100% sure what you mean though. I didn't actually change the Email Frequency Check setting, it was Push by default. Do you mean even opening the settings breaks it? I'll try re-adding the account. The first thing I will want to do is go in and delete the signature; will that also break it in your experience?

Some more info:

I've logged into the Outlook Web Access for my account and under Mobile Devices I can see that my EVO is successfully syncing in real time but the Optimus is not. I sent myself a test email at 12:00PM, the EVO sync'd at 12:01, the Optimus hasn't sync'd since I manually did it at 11:30AM.

Bigtuna00

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
It's definitely working again after re-adding the account. Opening settings and modifying the following did not affect it:

• Removed default signature.
  • Changed the notification sound.
  • Set it to vibrate for all.

Finally I touched the Email Check Frequency setting (left it on Push but re-selected it). It still works fine. So I don't think messing with the settings is the culprit.

idbl_fanatic

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
It's definitely working again after re-adding the account. Opening settings and modifying the following did not affect it:

• Removed default signature.
  • Changed the notification sound.
  • Set it to vibrate for all.

Finally I touched the Email Check Frequency setting (left it on Push but re-selected it). It still works fine. So I don't think messing with the settings is the culprit.

Hmmmm well glad it is working for you again.

Sent from my LG Optimus V

Bigtuna00

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
It's stopped working again :( The only thing I can think of that I might have done to trigger it is doing a manual sync (hitting the Refresh button). I'll test that more thoroughly tomorrow.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MOSHE TVITO