Explain the koush bootstrap?

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
Would someone mind explaining the bootstrap. do i have to run it every time i want to go into recovery? every time i turn on the device? I use ROM manager as a little extra info.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Bootstrap only needs to be run once just to load the files. But I run it after loading leaked updates or new roms just to make sure it's in their on the first boot. in all honesty bootstrap scares me the most just because it's not a true recovery and if you can't get into Android it's useless

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
No you don't have to do that you just want to get the recovery unpacked and in your system so when you do need it it's their one good thing is if you bootloop or reboot within 5 minutes of rebooting it automatically launches bootstrap recovery. And just an executable that takes over the boot process when triggered and launches koush's recovery

scubamike

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I know this is an old thread, but this seems like the best place to ask my bootstrap questions. First, do I have to reinstall bootstrap after flashing a new ROM or does the recovery survive a wipe and flash? What happens if I attempt to reboot into recovery without flashing recovery in bootstrap first? Once I successfully flash recovery, can I just reboot into recovery whenever I want or do I need to reflash it every time I want to use CWM? I was told that some ROMs such as the Liquid ICS 1.5 for my Droid 2 recommend that you don't use bootstrap recovery because a recovery is built into the ROM. How do I know if the ROM I install requires a separate recovery or not? Thanks in advance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadadmusa45