Facebook App Notification Sounds

Jon Wojcik

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Ok folks. Who's had this happen and how do you did It? I'm using an S7 Edge running Nugat. I go into the Facebook app setting and change the notification tone to what I want. Then, after a short time and unknown to me, it changes itself back to the default tone. I'm big on different sounds for notifications so I don't have to keep looking at the phone, but this one is really getting my goat. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

tfp

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Has it been like this for a while or is this a recent issue? Is your FB app up to date? Have you done any testing to see when or why it changes back? ie. after phone restart, after changing sound profile (volume, vibrate, silent, alarms only).

Jon Wojcik

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Samsung had to wipe my phone and reinstall nougat last Friday because of a corrupt Verizon update. Everything was reset like it was a new phone just out of the box, so I had to reset all of my notifications. The facebook app is up to date. The notification sound changes without any input to the phone. I change it to what I want, put the phone down, and the next facebook notification is the wrong tone. I've rebooted and that didn't help

lalas147

Jul 14, 2017
Visit site
Anyone?? The app updated two days ago and no fix.

Hey, I have the same issue. I just got my first Android phone a week ago and changed every notification sound. It works with every app (WhatsApp, Twitter, Calendar, Mail, ..) but Facebook changes it back to my standard ringtone every other time. It happens so often that I have to change it every day. It's really annoying !
I think I'm going to turn off these FB-notifications at all, unless anyone got a fix?

Android 7.0 Nougat here, running on a Nokia 3

ZoneXQ

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
And I have the very same issue on my S7 edge as well. It originally had Android 6.01 on it. The display went out so I shipped it to the Samsung repair center for a warranty repair and they replaced the screen. When I received it back, naturally it had been updated to Android 7.0.

All apps on the device retain their respective notification sounds that I've selected, except for the Facebook app! I've found that once I set a notification ringtone in the FB app it will stick until I either stop the app (from the active apps window or from the Settings > Apps > Facebook management screen) or reboot the device. To me, this suggests that my sound choice will only remain set while the FB app is loaded into RAM. Once that data bit is purged from RAM, the notification sound reverts back to the default sound.

I tried updating the Facebook app from v132.0.0.20.85 to v133.0.0.16.83 beta but the problem is still there. Has anyone attempted a factory reset yet?

ZoneXQ

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
So I also have another phone, an S7 (non-edge), and it's running Android 6.01. Until earlier this evening it had version 110.0.0.15.69 of the FB app installed... which did NOT demonstrate the notification sound retention issue. The device has always worked perfectly in that regard.

Since I just became a beta tester for the FB app, I went ahead and updated to the beta version on my S7, too. So my S7 now has version 133.0.0.16.83 (beta) on it like my S7 edge. And guess what? The notification retention problem now happens on it as well. So the notification sounds that have been selected are forgotten by versions 132.0.0.20.85 and 133.0.0.16.83, but not by version 110.0.0.15.69. And that more or less cinches it for me that the problem is with the newer releases of the FB app, itself.

I've expressed this to the developers. I only hope they take observations from their beta testers seriously. We'll see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky